in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-02-2009 2:24 PM by Peter2. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2009 7:58 PM

Serenata or the Iphone 3gs?

Whoch one would you go with. Serenata or the Iphone 3gs? I am trying to choose.

• 10-28-2009 9:31 PM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Re: Serenata or the Iphone 3gs?

If you value sound quality and having something unique more than anything else go the Serenata, otherwise almost any phone on the market will serve you better.

• 10-28-2009 10:15 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I think you will be happier if you get the iphone, from a long term point of view. Better texting, dialing, browsing, applications, emailing, almost everything but sound reproduction.

I'm sure there are at least a handful of people that use both.

Evan

• 10-29-2009 5:50 AM In reply to

iPhone, definitely. Some things are just better left up to the professionals. Yes -  thumbs up

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 10-29-2009 6:04 AM In reply to

Everybody wants an Iphone.

Depends if you want to be everybody..Stick out tongue

I own a Serenata, recently bought a Porsche Design phone, which costs the same price, and although texting is a real pleasure, the sound performance on all applications (phoning, music player through headphones or built-in speakers) is wayyyyyyyy behind!

Of course if you want your phone to do almost everything and maybe someday act as a mini microwave oven, you should go for the Iphone.

You can always get an Earset 3 and improve its sound performanceHmm

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-29-2009 8:01 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

If you want a phone that can do anything and everything incredibly well - it's the iPhone. What an utterly amazing bit of kit - i really cannot tell you how impressed i am with it.  I always wanted a Vertu 'just because' - but now i don't even look at other phones - why should i?

If you want to be different, then the Serenata is the one to have.  Certainly the one that everyone would look at if you put it on the table in pub.. but then again they'd have to put their iPhones down first.. LOL

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 10-30-2009 6:30 AM In reply to

Its such a shame that B&O screwed up so badly with their mobile phones.

Having an 2G iPhone since the first month of release I cannot stand the hype anymore to be honest.

It does have cool applications, it works like promised in many ways, overall a groundbreaking product BUT everyone has it...

I'm really thinking about buying a Serenata just to "think different" and escape all the hype.

They sell new "very cheap" on ebay, so why not give it a try....

rgds

Stephan

• 10-30-2009 6:39 AM In reply to

I can get a New from the dealer Serentata with the Earset2 for 720$ Think thats goo?

• 10-30-2009 7:53 AM In reply to

iPhone 3GS of course...

I don' like the argument: so many people have it. Before the iPhone I thought about Vertu, I didn't care about features. But the iPhone looks and feels great, the functionality is fantastic! If Apple would sell as many unit as Serenata the iPhone would be 100 times more expensive than it. It's one of the few products which are not expensive but really great. So I don't care about having a ubiquitous device...

It's amazing to how many segments the iPhone is appealing: kids, tech savvy, business, women, rich...

Wouldn't you buy the BL5 if they were as cheap/expensive as Sony speakers but still as good as it is now?

• 10-30-2009 8:10 AM In reply to

raveny:

iPhone 3GS of course...

I don' like the argument: so many people have it. Before the iPhone I thought about Vertu, I didn't care about features. But the iPhone looks and feels great, the functionality is fantastic! If Apple would sell as many unit as Serenata the iPhone would be 100 times more expensive than it. It's one of the few products which are not expensive but really great. So I don't care about having a ubiquitous device...

It's amazing to how many segments the iPhone is appealing: kids, tech savvy, business, women, rich...

Wouldn't you buy the BL5 if they were as expensive as Sony speakers but still as good as it is now?

I totally agree, I use the iPhones features daily, a Serenata or Serene would be a huge disappointment. But if all you do is call and text, then any phone is good enough I guess, and one can choose the design one likes. (Like Serenata)

However iPhone and Beo phones are in such different segments, one is a luxury phone, the other an all round smart phone. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 10-30-2009 8:14 AM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

Raveny nails it: so what if so many people have it? The iPhone does what it claims to do, and does it elegantly. Do you want functionality, especially for a device which you're going to be handline and being tactile with a lot more than your audio system? If so, then the iPhone (or maybe the DROID, as it's been getting relatively positive reviews) is for you.

The age of unitasker phones is over.

Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 10-30-2009 3:32 PM In reply to

The iPhone is clearly a great gadget though I only use mine for email and apps, as the sound quality from calls is poor.

The Seranata is certainly different and in many ways quite likeable (if a bit cumbersome), and the sound quality is very good; but I find it just not very useable.

The Vertu to my mind is the phone B & O should have made - a high quality straightforward phone with excellent call quality.

As no one phone ticks all the boxes maybe best to have a couple?

P

• 10-30-2009 4:00 PM In reply to

• ridax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 44
    • Bronze Member

I have never tried the Serenata, but the iPhone 3g is the first smart phone I have used.  I originally just bought it for business reasons (to test equipment with it) and I didn't see smart phones as that useful, but to my surprise I found the iPhone very easy and useful for several purposes.  I use email and the calendar a lot and I have started to use it for car navigation and light sea navigation (just for fun though, serious sea navigation needs to be done with dedicated instruments).  I don't use the music or movie features at all, but my kids take the phone all the time when in the car to watch movies or play games.

So I and the entire family has got totally addicted to the iPhone.  Bad points are low battery capacity, bad GPS facilities and no syncing with Thunderbird (afaik).

• 10-30-2009 5:08 PM In reply to

Fatandre:

Whoch one would you go with. Serenata or the Iphone 3gs? I am trying to choose.

Buy both phones!  The Serenata can be that special phone that you use for music and occasionally as a telephone.  However the iPhone is truly a 21st century device in almost every way.  I am on my 3rd iPhone.  My newer iPhone was recently stolen but I was able to remotely erase and disable the phone.  Unfortunately I had to pay full price for a new iPhone.

I discontinued my regular home phone not just to save money but because the iPhone is more useful.

Beosound 5 BL9 BC2 BL8000 Beovision 7 BL6002  BL11 

• 11-02-2009 7:34 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Does anyone have an issue with continually dropping their piephone? - I've lost count of how many times I've dropped mine while getting it out of my pocket etc.! Sometimes it's like handling a bar of soap in the bath!

Sleek and slippery metal&glass design isn't necessarily a good thing when something is meant to be hand held.

Access to works email (MS Outlook) and web browser swung it for me.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 11-02-2009 7:43 AM In reply to

I've never dropped mine. But knowing it is slippery, I tend to pull it out of my pocket carefully. 

-Andreas

• 11-02-2009 2:24 PM In reply to

Puncher:

Does anyone have an issue with continually dropping their piephone? - I've lost count of how many times I've dropped mine while getting it out of my pocket etc.! Sometimes it's like handling a bar of soap in the bath!

Sleek and slippery metal&glass design isn't necessarily a good thing when something is meant to be hand held.

Access to works email (MS Outlook) and web browser swung it for me.

All the time!

Top pocket, pick something up, and out it slips - never seem to learn!

P

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)