in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-07-2009 9:40 AM by petz. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2009 5:16 PM

Beotime

Hi all

Picked up my Beotime this eve from my dealer i have played around with it and wow what a nice bit of kit i have fitted it on the wall near my bed and it looks great. I would just like to say people who have ordered one from their dealer or thinking of getting one go for it you  won't be disapointed.

• 10-29-2009 6:58 AM In reply to

Re: Beotime

Yep Got a Beotime myself and must say that i am most pleased with it ;)  Excelent product and the looks are fantastic xD Atm sitting at the nightstand near the bed . Was thinking placing it on a wall over the bed  though ! will see ;)

• 10-29-2009 4:43 PM In reply to

• petz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-30-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Looking forward to receive mine.  Apparently not before December here in Luxembourg.........A bit disappointing

• 10-29-2009 7:21 PM In reply to

• Marco
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-27-2009
    • Netherlands
    • Posts 4
    • Bronze Member

Ooooh what a nice girlfriend i''ve got. Yesterday was my birthday, and totally unexpected she surprised me with a Beotime. It''s beautiful and a really genuine b&o product.

And no, i didn''t ask her how she moved me to the top of the list

• 10-30-2009 11:00 PM In reply to

Big Smile

Congratulations on:

1. having the BeoTime, and 
    2. having such a wonderful girlfriend.

(did I get the sequence right?)

NB still waiting for my flute to magically appear on our bedside table *sigh*

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-31-2009 1:51 AM In reply to

Best wife.....

My wife took to my local B&O shop so I could choose between a Beotime and a Beocom 5 for my birthday (which is at the end of November).

It's great having a birthday at the end of the year because B&O always bring out a 'gift' priced item for Christmas.

I chose the Beocom 5 because we don't hve any B&O products in our bedroom so felt like the Beotime would have been a bit wasted, the Beocom 5 will compliment my Beocom 2 and 600.

• 11-03-2009 11:35 AM In reply to

Picked-up my Beotime from B&O Castle Street today. Declined Nick's offer of a demonstration using the shop display model........ for which I got a ticking-off from the wife at home as I fiddled around with the controls.

Batteries had been inserted with a tiny piece of plastic isolating the final connections.... removed the plastic and it came to life. TV suddenly started changing channels as I tried to work out the difference between menu and idle mode.

No complaints, and as has been said before in this thread, if you've got one on order you wont be dissappointed. Looks good and has a lovely feel to it. Contrary to some early reports the display does stay on at a low level and can be read if there is any source of external light, even very low levels. Touch it and the backlight comes on. Touching effect seems to vary...very gentle tap or just rolling the Beotime by a few degrees back and forth. But you can grasp it very gently and nothing will happen with the display until you've moved it around.

Displays turn-over as necessary. Overall I would say that the touch and movement sensitivity is just right.

Very powerful magnet in the wall cradle. I haven't fixed-up the cradle yet, but wonder whether the magnet holds the Beotime so firmly that this may be the situation where more than a light tap is needed to bring the display on? The battery compartment key is magnetically attached to the underside of the cradle...... but you would have no idea it was there unless you remembered or still had the instructions to hand at whatever date the batteries eventually need replacing. (Maybe you need to leave the paper warning tag in place for long-term reference).

How do you value this sort of thing? Well, you could imagine under different circumstances  an exclusive jeweller offering something similar as a bedside alarm without the B&O control functions. It's very elegant and beautifully made.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 11-04-2009 8:35 PM In reply to

vikinger:
    I got a ticking-off from the wife at home as I fiddled around with the controls.

I hope you explained that half the fun comes from trying make it work without using the manual

Like half the fun of shopping comes from not using the store directory 

Wink

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-05-2009 8:33 PM In reply to

Does anyone know when it will be available in Australia????

I want one... [:'(]

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 11-07-2009 9:40 AM In reply to

• petz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-30-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Picked mine up yesterday. It's really great design. Very special. Like the alu touch. For the time it's lying but it'll be fixed on the wall in a second phase. I find it easy to use. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)