in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-30-2009 9:28 PM by Tod Daniel. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2009 12:45 PM

• Calvin
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • London
    • Posts 233
    • Bronze Member

CD-R80 on a Century?

First of all, given that I'm been slightly freeloading from the forum for some years, I've upgraded my membership from bronze to Gold.  (that's just a bit of an encouragement for others to do the same and help support the site)
    Back to the question though.  I was about to go burn a bunch of mix CDs from iTunes for my Century system and, given that they're 80 minute ones, I thought I'd check to make sure that these are accepted/played by the CD player?  I'm at my parents' this week so I can't check after doing one and I was wanting to do a dozen or so and I don't want it all to be a futile waste of time if they can't be used
  • 10-28-2009 2:56 PM In reply to

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

Re: CD-R80 on a Century?

I have used 80 minutes (700mb) cd's on my Centry often without problems. I just don't remember if i have ever used all 80 minutes. I gues most cd burner applications will come up with a warning when you exceed the 74 minutes.

• 10-28-2009 3:21 PM In reply to

I've also head that burning at a lower than maximum speed will often improve compatibility. The Century is a fairly new CD player so I don't suppose it should have much problems with CD-Rs in general, but overburning is always a bit so and so regarding player compatibility...

-mika

• 10-30-2009 9:28 PM In reply to

Hi there!

I've had my Century since December 1999 and have used CD-Rs on it in fact all of the time! No problems at all. Yes i record the full 80 mins. Ive used loads of different makes and all superb although I tend to use Sony or Maxell these days.

The Century DOES NOT play CD-RWs however!

I use iTunes all of the time. I work in radio and was always tod to burn Cds at 8x speed - never above that - it's something ive stuck to.

The Century is a superb piece of design - i love it

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)