in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-28-2009 4:08 PM by xegoon. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2009 4:31 PM

Blu-Ray and BeoSystem 1

I just recently bought a Samsung Blu-Ray DVD Player BD-P3600 because of the fact it can play blu-ray and stream netflix. Unfortunately it isn't compatible with the beosystem 1 through component cables through zektor (told to me by B&O tech in Chicago). I still can't believe they work with Samsung on products and then they don't "speak" with other products... oh well

I was wondering if any members happened to have a Blu Ray player (that streams netflix) that they know works with the BeoSystem 1? As far as I know there are LG, Samsung (already tried), Sony's and the PS3 will be coming out with the netflix feature shortly. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance!!

Diggs

• 10-27-2009 5:43 PM In reply to

Re: Blu-Ray and BeoSystem 1

I'm really surprised that the Samsung doesn't work with the BS1. I thought that all Samsung players used the same IR codes. I have a Samsung BD1400 (or maybe it's BD1600) working with and controlled perfectly by my Avant. The Samsung 1400 is listed on the BS1 PUC. Is it possible you just need a software update?

Also, if it's a matter of not getting a video signal. Perhaps you first need to connect it via s-video or the yellow composite cable in order to adjust the video output settings to 1080i. Either that or first connect it to a tv directly to set up the preferences. I know that the PS3 must be initially setup while connected to a tv and not the BS1 because the component input of the BS1 will only sent out 480p or 1080i. The component output of the BS1 will not sent out 480i. The PS3 arrives with a factory setting of 480i until you change it to 1080i. That might be a similar problem with your Samsung player.

• 10-27-2009 5:54 PM In reply to

I just read your other thread. It sounds like you've done a thorough job of troubleshooting and trying everything. I just read today about the PS3 enabling NetFlix streaming:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/show/PlayStation_3/Netflix/Streaming_Content/Sony_Adds_Netflix_Streaming_To_PlayStation_3/3668

I also have the PS3 and think it's a fantastic media device. You can also stream divx files from your computer.

• 10-27-2009 9:28 PM In reply to

Beojeff,

Thank you for your help; I was either going to get the BD-P1600 or BD-P3600 and it looks like I made the wrong decision. I am going to get the Samsung BD-P1600 and possibly even the PS3 after I sell the 3600. I pretty much tried everything and the tech at B&O said that they had the same problem with new Blu-Ray DVD players from Samsung only when connected through component cables.

I have the newest PUC in the BS1 which I believe has the BD-P1000 in it but the codes I think are the same. Do they have codes for the PS3? Or maybe a similiar Sony DVD?

Did you setup netflix on the BD-P1600? If so, how is the quality through the BS-1?

Thanks again!

Diggs

• 10-27-2009 11:23 PM In reply to

The Samsung blu-ray player that I have does not have netflix. However, I have played streaming netflix via the Xbox 360 on my BeoSystem 1 and the quality is really pretty horrible. Nothing at all like the high quality of AppleTV.

My new BeoSystem 3 has the Playstation 3 in the PUC and controls it perfectly. For the BeoSystem 1, however, I had to use a Lintronic code-conventer to control the Playstation 3. For any control of the Playstation 3 you must get a Nyko dongle ($15 at Best Buy) to send the IR code through one of the USB ports. The only function that cannot be controlled is the "power on/off" of the Playstation 3. Yet, the touch-sensitive power button of the Playstation 3 has a very B&O "feel" to it. It reminds me of the BeoSystem 4500 touch-sensitive controls. I also like the front-loading disc feature similar to that of a car CD player. No disc tray to wait for. Also, the PS3 has always stayed very up-to-date of new features with frequent firmware updates. The addition of netflix support is a perfect example.

• 10-28-2009 7:46 AM In reply to

Hi Diggs:

Have you got a BV4 connected to the BSy1?? If the BV4 is HD Ready, you can connect the BD Player directly to the screen with an HDMI-DVI wire and the sound using the digital sound connection in the BSy1, like the picture below.

If the BV4 is not HD Ready (hasn't got a DVI connection), you can order a special kit that includes a DVI connection for the screen. You can order it for BV4-37" (any), BV4-42" (from 18390228), BV4-50" (from 18363212) and for BV4-65" (any).

Eventualy, you will be able to think about an upgrade: BSy3 Wink

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 10-28-2009 9:46 AM In reply to

Beojeff,

Thanks for the answers. I might just go with the PS3 now but I believe the Samsung BD-P1600 will stream netflix with the firmware updates.

xegoon,

I have an HD BV4 42" connected to the BSy1 but I have never seen a DVI cable connection on it. Only RGB out and PC RGB in.

How would you select the DVD player (select different source from TV) when connected to the BV4? Thanks,

Diggs

• 10-28-2009 10:18 AM In reply to

diggs2701:
    (...) I have an HD BV4 42" connected to the BSy1 but I have never seen a DVI cable connection on it. Only RGB out and PC RGB in.

So you need an HD Ready kit update, but because of is a 42" version, you have to control that the serial number is from 18390228.

diggs2701:
    (...) How would you select the DVD player (select different source from TV) when connected to the BV4?

If you see on the pic, you have to connect both, analog video (BSy1) and digital video (BV4), and then selecting the AV where you had connected the analog signal and digital sound.

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 10-28-2009 2:39 PM In reply to

1) How do I tell what serial number I have?

2) How much is a HD ready update?

3) Why do I need an update if it is an HD TV?

Thanks,

Diggs

• 10-28-2009 4:08 PM In reply to

diggs2701:

1) How do I tell what serial number I have?

I don't remember how you can check the serial number on an old BV4. Maybe you will find it on the system menu. Try on this way:

MENU - CONNECTIONS - RED BUTTON+GO

diggs2701:
     2) How much is a HD ready update?

About 400 € (Spain price). The service can be done at your own home.

diggs2701:
     3) Why do I need an update if it is an HD TV?

If the BV hasn't a DVI connection, is not HD Ready. You can convert it in an HD TV with this kit.

Regards.

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)