in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-26-2009 7:11 AM by Macus. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2009 2:09 AM

• Rob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-18-2009
    • Germany
    • Posts 35
    • Gold Member

AirPort & iPod Touch

I know this is not the Apple Forum :-)... Sometimes I "stream" music from my Macbook using AirPort Express to my BS9000. Works great!

Do any of you have eyperience doing this with the iPod Touch? Its smaller and also has Wi-Fi. For about 350 Eur I can back up my music and have what looks like a really nice mobile device. For me no reason to get a BS5 - too dusty laugh....

I will wait with Apple TV until i have eventually traded in my Avant.

Rob

Rob

BS9000 Ltd Ed., BV5 HD Ready, AVANT DVD, BL5000, BL8000, BL11, Beovox 2500 Cubes, Beovox 3000

• 10-26-2009 3:32 AM In reply to

• Macus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-14-2009
    • Kungälv, Sweden
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

Re: AirPort & iPod Touch

My answer is NO, but I'm not 100% sure.

What you can do is control your iTunes music in your computer or in your AppleTV(if you had one) with the free app Remote. If you can live with that your computer is still on when listening, it's almost the same thing. 

Maybe there is some other app out there that will let you stream your music in the iPod touch to the Apple Express, but I haven't found it yet. Or maybe we have to wait for an update from Apple.

One thing I haven't tried, is to use a bluetooth adapter attached to the music system and playing the music wirelessly through bluetooth from the iPod touch. 

Owner of a Beomaster 2400-2 and a pair of Beovox 1001 speakers. 

My other favourite brands are Apple, Philips and Infinity.

• 10-26-2009 3:33 AM In reply to

If you are not interested in streaming video, you might also want to take a look at a Squeezebox in combination with a NAS (squeezecenter installed) that acts like a server. There is an application available, iPeng, in the iTunes store for 8 euros, that let you act your iPhone/iTouch as a wifi-remote. I think this will be a good alternative for n.music and n.radio as I do not own it yet.

Nice thing about it is, you only need your Macbook to manage your NAS.

• 10-26-2009 3:40 AM In reply to

• Macus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-14-2009
    • Kungälv, Sweden
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

The AppleTV will let you stream music and video stored in iTunes. The iPod touch gives you access to internet radio.

Why should anyone want to squeeze in something else?

• 10-26-2009 4:03 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

As has been said, the iPod Touch will not control the AE, but it will control iTunes transmitting to the AE. This requires your computer to be switched on of course. So with iTunes on the Macbook, the Touch could control this and stream to the AE.

• 10-26-2009 7:05 AM In reply to

Macus:
    Why should anyone want to squeeze in something else?

Because I want to press "play" en enjoy the music, whenever I want to. Firing up a notebook first, is not an option.

• 10-26-2009 7:11 AM In reply to

• Macus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-14-2009
    • Kungälv, Sweden
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

Then I suggest an AppleTV. It integrates perfect with iTunes and iPod touch.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)