in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-16-2009 12:18 PM by MGBGTV8. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-11-2007 11:58 PM

beosound 4

For beosound 4, which speaker is better  bl 8000 or bl 3s

thanks

• 06-12-2007 1:56 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

Re: beosound 4

Your choice of speakers isn't dependent of the BeoSound you own - the BeoLab 8000 and BeoLab 3 reproduce sound based on different technologies, which is better will depend on your ears. So the only fair recommendation is to bring your own music to your local dealer and test drive them both - or ultimately: arrange for a listening session in your own living room!

Roger

• 12-16-2009 7:04 AM In reply to

I recomend BL 8000's, the BL 3's doesnt deliver compare to the price!

• 12-16-2009 9:57 AM In reply to

The BeoLab 3 is the better speaker.

That being said, I still have people in my showroom who prefer the sound of the BeoLab 8000. Most, however, are making their first "high end" loudspeaker purchase. I have a theory that the BeoLab 8000s sound like a bad speaker all-grown-up. They're especially disappointing in the low end when compared to BeoLab 3s (or any ALT speaker), and their sound stage is fragile if present at all. 

BeoLab 3s tend to be bought by the more studied client who's maybe had some experience and owned a serious system or two. The BeoLab3 is, in my opinion, one of the best values out there and certainly the best value for money speaker-wise in our lineup.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 12-16-2009 11:21 AM In reply to

TripEnglish:

The BeoLab 3 is the better speaker.

That being said, I still have people in my showroom who prefer the sound of the BeoLab 8000. Most, however, are making their first "high end" loudspeaker purchase. I have a theory that the BeoLab 8000s sound like a bad speaker all-grown-up. They're especially disappointing in the low end when compared to BeoLab 3s (or any ALT speaker), and their sound stage is fragile if present at all. 

BeoLab 3s tend to be bought by the more studied client who's maybe had some experience and owned a serious system or two. The BeoLab3 is, in my opinion, one of the best values out there and certainly the best value for money speaker-wise in our lineup.

These Beolab 3's that trip is talking about must be US spec!!!

What a load of sanctimonious rubbish. Probably just as well that we are separated by the big pond and I don't have to buy my hi-fi or lo-fi from you. More studied client indeed!!

Regards Graham

• 12-16-2009 12:18 PM In reply to

I  was of the opinion beolab 9 was the best value in the range

compares very well with rivals systems that cost twice the price whe allowing for power amplifier and interconnects

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)