in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-24-2009 6:16 PM by david coyne. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2009 5:29 AM

BV8 incompatible with BC2!!!

I have recently purchased a BV8 and made it the master with the BC2. The BC2 was previously connected to an Avant. Under this new arrangement when I place a DVD in the BC2 and press disc the television turns on and I more likely than not get an alternating open close in the menu bar across the screen. Often the actual doors of the BC2 open and close as well and the disc will not start playing. I have had service out and they have updated the software on the BC2 as it is older than the TV but this has made no difference. Has anyone had this problem or have any advice?

Patrick

• 10-24-2009 1:08 PM In reply to

Re: BV8 incompatible with BC2!!!

>>The BC2 was previously connected to an Avant. Under this new arrangement when I place a DVD in the BC2 and press disc the television turns on and I more likely than not get an alternating open close in the menu bar across the screen<<

You do use scart and masterlink connection correct? I had no show stopping problems with my BC2 and BV 8 (US, 32"). It does exactly what you say, you put in the DVD, push disc, it recognizes it and switches on the TV. I noticed you then had to use the remote to operate the DVD function but that made sense to me.

I did notice that my LAB 3 that where also connected didn't sound as good for CD when connected through the TV and also had an issue with the speaker not switching on quick enough when starting a CD so I reconfigured the options and connected the Labs directly. I know the speaker delay was fixed with later updates ... For the sound I am not sure.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-24-2009 6:14 PM In reply to

When I had the BC2 connected to the Avant i simply had to plce disk in tray, push disc on BC2 and the Avant would start up with the speakers and the disc would start playing.

I do have the Socket Box connected via SCART and Masterlink. (Is there another way?) This quirk is quite problematic as B&O don't seem to have an answer. Some of my discs will not play at all, especially the ones burnt on my mac using EyeTV whcih I have been playing for years on the BC2 and the Avant. It almost seems that the software update on the BC2 has taken it backwards so that now it won't read the variety of discs that it used to.

I also still believe that there seems to be some software problem with the BC2 talking to the BV 8.

Struer have said that they have set up the combo with no problems!!!!

Patrick

• 10-24-2009 6:16 PM In reply to

Hello There..

I have recently purchased a BV8- 40 and have a BC 2, Beolab 9's, mac, beoport, and a BC6 Tv in a link room all connected up.

I had no end of problems with everything syncing correctly. Store staff and a technician came to house two weekends in a row.

The short version of the story is the software for BV8 had to be removed and an early version of the BV 8 version installed ( I think there are three versions and I had the latest, so its now gone back and version). Everything now works fine.

I hope that helps?

Patrick, Effie at B&O David Jones is the person to speak with, he really knows his stuff. He's incredibly knowledgable, professional and polite.

Regards

David Coyne

BV8-40, BC6-26, BC2, Beolab 9's, Beogram 7000, Beogram 9500, Beoport, Beotalk 1200, Beocom 6000, Beolit 1000, 800, 700, 600, 400

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)