in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-23-2009 1:43 PM by jenny12many. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-20-2009 6:33 AM

beo4 to control Sony rdr hxd 870. Please help

Hi There, new here and new to the wonderful world of B & O. Just purchased 28" Avant VCR fairly late model with STB module. 

The t v is still with the dealer (who I should add is very helpful). I am looking to try and operate my existing PVR which is not covered in the compatable digibox list. Iv'e searched the forums and can't seem to find anyone else with the same question.

I actually rang B & O in Denmark this morning to ask if there is a chip available, they said no. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to buy another pvr although I'd rather not because the sony was quite an expensive machine, on the other hand for me , the appeal of any piece of B & O equipment is to do away with all plastic remotes and just use pretty beo4!

Has anyone out there got any advice for me / come across similar sony machine (i.e RDR HXD 890) and successfuly upgraded software to control with beo4? If so, which software upgrade?

Not sure what software my avant currently has but when I bought the TV last week we checked the list and no Sony products listed. Don't know if this is relevant but I'm looking to add remote lead between tv and PVR, along with long scart so that PVR can sit on the opposite side of the room and avant can sit alone in all it's glory.

I'm sure a few people are suggesting 'why not just get sky+?' .... I dont watch enough tv to justify it and I like the way I can almost do everything with my Sony PVR that sky does (pause live TV etc). My dealer is currently looking in to this as well before he delivers, just thought I'd try to find out for myself.....

Thanks in advance... Chris

• 10-20-2009 8:02 AM In reply to

Re: beo4 to control Sony rdr hxd 870. Please help

you need the DVD Controller MK2 will do the trick,  thats what i use on my sony HDR 

Jon

• 10-20-2009 2:34 PM In reply to

sensotronic:

you need the DVD Controller MK2 will do the trick,  thats what i use on my sony HDR 

Jon

Hi jon,

how limited if at all are the functions with your sony HDR via the  DVD mk2, at worst ill just send one to chris to see how he gets on with it , as i dont have a sony to test it with, i know ive got a DVD controller Mk1 but will check tomorrow if i have Mk2 hiding anywhere .

p.s Chris, glad you found beoworld

jason

• 10-20-2009 3:17 PM In reply to

• dko7113
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-04-2008
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 104
    • Gold Member

Hi Chris,

welcome to BeoWorld...

Maybe this could be a solution:

- to be built in your Sony HDR: http://shop.oneremote.dk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33_34&products_id=2099

- to be used external: http://shop.oneremote.dk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33_34&products_id=2025

/Erik

P.S. Nice Sony HDR - I got the same...

My Beo: BeoCom 6000, BeoCom 2500, BeoCom 1401, BeoLine, BeoVision LX6000, BeoVision LX2500, BeoVision MS6000, BeoVision MX4002, BeoVision MX1500, DVD1, BeoSound 3200, BeoSound 1, BeoLab 4000, BeoGram 4500, BeoPort, BeoPlayer, 3x Beo 4, 2x BeoLink 1000, V Terminal, Form 2, Light Control 2, BeoTime

• 10-20-2009 5:36 PM In reply to

Hi Chris,

I posed a similar question a while back (RDR-HXD890) that you may like to check out: http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/29082.aspx

Jean (jvezina) told me he was using a Sony RDR-HX715 via Beo4 and could control most functions but had to use the Sony remote for title list and programme guide (which are two you'd want to use quite often).

Perhaps Jon (Sensotronic) can let you know if this is the case with the Sony he's controlling.

I suppose I should just get the PUC updated and give it a go - my dealer said he'd do it for half price as he could not guarantee full success - but I would prefer to have a clearer idea of likely outcome first.

By the way, I agree with the your Sky comment. I don't watch enough TV to justify it either - I have hours of recorded movies etc on my Sony that I have still not got around to watching.

Chris

• 10-21-2009 4:05 AM In reply to

Hi Jon, thanks for the reply. I spoke again with Jason at Iconic Av (who supplied avant) last night about your response. I think we are going to try this solution first. The link that Erik sent looks interesting... Is this a similar version of B&O's DVD controller? Jason's going to lend me a B&O version when he delivers the Telly at the weekend and I'll let you know how I get on.

If all else fails, I'll have to use the Sony remote.... The BEO 4 will always come in handy for slapping burglars!

Thanks again Erik and Chris for your speedy replies... Jason, see you in a few days, I think we're getting there! Chris

• 10-21-2009 8:23 AM In reply to

Hi Chris,

I'd be really interested in your feedback on how well the DVD MkII controller works with the 870 so please don't forget to post how you get on.

Chris

• 10-21-2009 2:43 PM In reply to

i could lend you my dvd controller as i no longer use it, and the beo4 button mapping

• 10-22-2009 5:34 AM In reply to

Thanks Jon, I'll try Jason's first when he delivers the set, I think his is a mk1. If no joy I'll take you up on the offer. Chris

• 10-23-2009 1:24 PM In reply to

Hi Jon, I'd like to take you up on your offer of the loan of your DVD Controller with a view to possibly buying from you if it works? I'm new to forums and I'm not sure how to go about private messaging to discuss addresses etc.... Thanks in advance, Chris

• 10-23-2009 1:43 PM In reply to

scrap the last comment about private messaging... I worked it out... Duh!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)