in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-20-2009 6:07 AM by pedrompinto. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2009 12:42 PM

Loewe Reference vs B&O

It's different, i know, but... what do you think of Loewe Reference ?

http://www.loewe-int.de/en/products/loewe-reference/new-reference/at-a-glance.html

Should B&O update itself ?

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

• 10-19-2009 12:50 PM In reply to

Re: Loewe Reference vs B&O

i've seen the loewe reference and i think that its absolutely stuning at the same time i think that the bv10 is equally just as stuning to.

the one thing i think would have been a good move is if b&0 brought out to screen sizes say a 40 and a 46 inch at launch just my opinion.

• 10-19-2009 3:34 PM In reply to

Does nothing for me.

P

• 10-19-2009 3:39 PM In reply to

Peter2:

Does nothing for me.

P

On the other hand... my BV4 systems has just crashed...now where to find a Lowe dealer...

• 10-19-2009 4:20 PM In reply to

crashed. oh, gosh, why? i am about to buy a used Bv5-50 1080p so i need to know what way has it crashed?

this is worrying...!

i always thought the Bv4 and system 3 were an amazing combination...?

• 10-19-2009 4:21 PM In reply to

• Electrified
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-05-2009
    • Greater Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 404
    • Bronze Member

I sort of like it. I'm not so fond of glossy, though, so I wonder how glossy it is in real life?

The same of course go for the BV10. I wonder how glossy that really is.

• 10-19-2009 7:06 PM In reply to

Designwise: Ripoff! especially if you see it in the flesh

Build quality: Good, not as good as B&O but the price is lower...

Approach: Love Loewe for the fact that they produce stuff over here in Germany of good quality & looks

Verdict: Reminds you every time that you originally wanted B&O but didn't want to put the money on the table for it... just like a replica watch :-)

• 10-19-2009 7:34 PM In reply to

it looks good in the picture but so does Sony and Samsung.

When you see it in flesh, it's like comparing a Mercedes with a Volkswagen. Little things make a big difference .....

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-19-2009 8:00 PM In reply to

I don't know. 

I am a complete B&O convert and wouldn't ever consider any other brand for AV products. However, last time I was in London I visited Selfridges, where the Loewe. Gallerie and Bang & Olufsen section are back to back.

First of all the Loewe was much better presented, with a better layout - It was cleaner and had a (imo) better salesman - who was ex B&O incidentally.

At the B&O stand, I was shocked to see that some images were displayed on the TVs through analogue terrestrial with a terrible picture. In general, it was a little shoddy. 

Anyway going back to my original point... The Loewe Reference 50". I was going to post in the BV10 thread about this earlier actually. It is similar in style to the BV10 without doubt. I don't know how well informed the above posters are regarding build quality. All I will say is this - In my time, I have taken apart various Beovision 7s, and more to the point, £16,000 Beovision 9s and I guarantee the Loewe Reference is no worse than those two.

I had a demo of it and I personally think it is an amazing TV for the money when compared to say, the Bv9. Loewe is not B&O, we know this, but the fact is, the capabilities of this TV are hands down better than any B&O equivalent currently on the market. And what else does Loewe have? Excellent, logical and technically current link system, 2-Way communication via a very smart remote control with an OLED display which gives feedback of everything. Also a music server (ok not quite as pretty as the BS5) but it does have an integrated iPod dock AND optical drive. Not to mention integrated 500gb hard drives in most of the televisions as well as built in web-browsers and wifi/ethernet/powerline networking capabilities.

In short, Loewe are ahead of the game. And excellent value. When my Avant blows up I hate to say it but I am seriously considering a Loewe Individual to replace it with. 

• 10-20-2009 6:07 AM In reply to

When i posted this thread i didn't meant to go against B&O; i do have it, quite happy with it but...

... well, but i do see many other brands like Loewe and i wish that B&O could be more advanced in their solutions than we currently have.

We are all fans & owner but we have to see thing like they are; B&O it's getting behind... perhaps it should keep the pace with better solutions and more user friendly.

I haven't seen Loewe Reference in the "flesh" but i intend to, at least to compare, to touch and have a broather knowledge of other solutions.

"Less is more" as i use to say but sometimes a little more of something makes the difference.

Pedro "Less is more"

BV7-40 MKII + BL7.2 + BL9 + BL3 + BS4 + BL4 + A9 + Earset 2 + 2 x Beo4 + BeoCom 5

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)