in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-21-2009 3:35 PM by Ian. 22 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (23 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-19-2009 12:26 PM

Pictures of BeoCom 5

Taken from the BV10 press release..

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 10-19-2009 12:28 PM In reply to

Re: Pictures of BeoCom 5

Here is another one:

• 10-19-2009 12:37 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

All I can say is that it's just the worst press event possible : lights are poor, settings are poor >> All the pictures taken at this event just makes every product look awfully cheap!

The professional pictures of the Beocom 5 are more appealing, let's hope it does a quality feeling in real life!

• 10-19-2009 12:49 PM In reply to

I totally agree, why all the heck with a press event, exclusive product news bla bla bla....

Couldn't they hand over some image photos to those guys present so the products get the images they deserve?

Honestly BV10 pictures look loke some DIY "I wanna have a B&O TV set and not pay for it" while the phone looks like an old Hagenuk design...

Come on B&O you can do better....

regards

Stephan

• 10-19-2009 1:39 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Here are almolst all the official pictures :

• 10-19-2009 1:42 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

Finally this last one is really interesting, as it shows how the lined used is displayed when someone call : here it is just easy to understand that "John Hansen" is calling on line 1. Really useful when you have two lines.

• 10-19-2009 2:18 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

The screen graphics ( John Hansen on Line 2 )  looks very smart.  Easy to read from a distance.

Two questions for our members in the know:

1. Does the Beocom 5 control all B&O Audio + Video devices as before ?

2. What B&O speaker is used for the speakerphone option ? Powerlinked ?

3. Bluetooth to VOIP capability ? ( I have and use this with a VTECH LS6245 ).

Grateful for any information.

• 10-19-2009 2:40 PM In reply to

• mbee
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Paris, France
    • Posts 1,133
    • Bronze Member

1. YES : look at the classic AV key!

2. The speaker is really astonishing, no powerlink, it's only a charging base with speaker.

3. I don't think so... Keep your adapter and everything will be fine!

• 10-19-2009 2:46 PM In reply to

Can you control the speaker volume of the base?

• 10-19-2009 2:48 PM In reply to

• petz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-30-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

I like it! It still looks like a phone, but it is though different. Any guess on thr price?

• 10-19-2009 3:17 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

SWISS 2,

How do you like the LS6245? I have had my eye on it for a while now. It is a sharp looking device.

Evan

• 10-20-2009 3:06 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

evman;

I like it. Not B&O of course, but very functional. It will only pair two BT phones however.

The concept is that when you come inside at home, the mobile phone switches into Voip mode via the BT connection. It does this without additonal charges (so far ). It is extremely light to touch: You can balance the phone on one finger. Sound ? Compared to B&O it gets the one finger vote.

To our neighbor it looks like B&O, but it really does not. Form follows function here.

• 10-20-2009 5:41 AM In reply to

Just found an interesting fact on the BeoCom5:

"BeoCom 5 supports IP telephony also called VoIP (Voice over IP). If your Internet service provider also offers telephone service, you can connect the dedicated BeoLine 2 base directly to the Local Area Network (LAN) and use the phone over the data connection. If you connect BeoLine 2 to both the data network and the more traditional PSTN phone line, you can get calls via the internet on one line while still having the security of a fixed second line."

Sooo... in the BeoLine 2 it should be possible to configure a SIP account! (but no config/manual found yet..)

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 10-20-2009 6:45 AM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Have they released pricing or an estimate?

• 10-20-2009 8:08 AM In reply to

Will it also work with older PSTN? any loss in functionality?

• 10-20-2009 8:13 AM In reply to

- On an older Beoline, you can only have 1 line and of course no Internet.

- I did contact B&O's support to ask them what IP telephony protocol are supported? SIP? Skype? I'll post the answer when I have it.

• 10-20-2009 8:24 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I quite like the design especially the screen.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 10-20-2009 10:15 AM In reply to

PhilLondon:

- On an older Beoline, you can only have 1 line and of course no Internet.

- I did contact B&O's support to ask them what IP telephony protocol are supported? SIP? Skype? I'll post the answer when I have it.

Skype won't be supported; will never be supported. Reason for this is that all Voice over IP / Internet Telephony Service Providers / Internet Providers are using the SIP standard. Skype is a proprietary technology. OK.. there are a number of Dect/IP Phones which support Skype; but the vast majority of other Dect/IP phones (like the Siemens Gigasets) are using SIP. Skype is only linked to Skype itself where as in a open Voice over IP environment you are free to choose the provider you want (and... *insert commercial music* do not hesitate to visit http://www.unifiedtelecom.eu as you prefered provider)

Having real VoIP on a BeoCom 5 would be a terrific option where you otherwise have to invest in an additional VoIP conference bridge.. 

Karel.

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 10-20-2009 11:43 AM In reply to

I think I have this manual too. If I have, I'll post it.

• 10-20-2009 12:52 PM In reply to

Manual of the BeoCom 5 can be downloaded form the B&O site :-) But if you have the manual of the BeoLine 2.. then please post it!!! :-)

• 10-20-2009 1:29 PM In reply to

I currently have adsl with telefonica and B & O telephone 1401  with answerphone telephone is connected to a splitter so can use it and the internet at the same time

malcolm welborn

canary islands

• 10-21-2009 9:26 AM In reply to

Having read the user guide, I really like the features and way of operating the phone, you can even choose to mute the AV sound, rather than turning volume up or down, you can even choose to mute the picture, and the speaker unit is mobile, which was one of my concerns.

However, I can't help wondering why it can't be hooked to an Earset 1 kit, like other DECT BeoComs? All others can, and when talking to someone for an hour, this is very useful and convenient. The Earset 1 is simply not listed in the accessories list , and there is no connection for it on the phone..Sad

• 10-21-2009 3:35 PM In reply to

• Ian
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 132
    • Founder

Regarding UK pricing:

Handset £265

Speaker Base £150

Charging Base £70

PSTN2 £155

The PSTN bases are becoming a knightmare - You had the built in ones which were part of the BC6000 + BC2 bases, then you had the large flat model (which I call a Mk1), then the smaller Beoline (which I call mk2).

I too would like to know eaxctly was functionality is lost when connected to a Beoline (current small PSTN base). It seems a step backwards to make the new base BC5 only. I may get a BC5, but will miss out on its best feature as I won't get a new base as my current 2x BC6000 setup is good, and I can't afford to get 3 new BC5 handsets + new base.

Ian

Page 1 of 1 (23 items)