in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-12-2010 7:37 AM by elephant. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-18-2009 5:17 PM

price difference bv8-40/bv8-32

Please advise why the price difference between BV-8 40 and BV-8 32 is very little x please also give your comments on the

above tvs x I have nagging feeling the B&O may have comprised here and there to be more compatible price wise x

rgds

mq

Filed under:
  • 10-19-2009 4:32 PM In reply to

Re: price difference bv8-40/bv8-32

I am very happy with my BV8-32; I had a look at both the BV7-40 BR and the BV8-40 (100Hz) on Saturday.

Neither seemed enough of an improvement to justify an upgrade.

I am waiting for the BV10 ... and I see that BeoWorld has pictures of the launch whereas the B&O press releases have still not been updated!

Well done guys !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 04-02-2010 4:19 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Hi Elephant,

May I ask are you still happy with your BV8-32 after all this time?  What components do you have plugged in?  With the normal tv watching, how are you finding that?  Is there an inbuilt digital tuner?

- Michael :-)

• 04-03-2010 12:32 AM In reply to

Hi neighbour ... beautiful Melbourne day today :)

Yes, I am still happy with it :)

And so is SWMBO who is resisting any upgrades :(

I am trying to decide on some small investments to "perfect" what I have.

I think my additions will be firstly an Apple TV to replace the MacBook, and then later when the new MacMini is announced one of those as well at which point I will move the Apple TV to one of the secondary TVs, and of course an iPad.

Note the secondary TVs and the DVD are cheap non-B&O devices.  I lost the PS3 when the youngest moved out, so I play to either get a BlueRay player or see what the new MacMini's have .... provide Steve Job's has relented :-)

I hope the following diagram of my modern B& ML world helps ...

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 04-03-2010 1:17 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

Hey neigbour.  

Great day indeed and what a great set-up (a picture says a thousand words).

You won't go wrong with the Apple TV.  I have one and I love it.  I can either control with the remote or with my iPhone.  It's pretty light so it's easy to move around.  I've heard that some people have multiples (but perhaps that's a bit greedy! lol).

I also have a PS3, but gave up on that as my main blu ray player due to the noise of the fans and use it for casual gaming and now it's in the back room.  Even though I do use it (I love the user interface), I use the Apple TV more.  It's easy to download movies and music and i'm slowly converting my physical library into a virtual one as it's easy to control it with the Apple TV. 

I have purchase a second blu ray player, and now i hate using it because i don't like the remote control that comes with it.

One day i'll be able to afford a whole house of B&O lol.

Will the new macmini be a basic replacement of your macbook?  

• 04-03-2010 2:34 AM In reply to

Michael:
    You won't go wrong with the Apple TV.  I have one and I love it.  I can either control with the remote or with my iPhone.  It's pretty light so it's easy to move around.  I've heard that some people have multiples (but perhaps that's a bit greedy! lol).

I must be greedy :) I can see that once I get the new MacMini I will relegate the ATV to the secondary TV and perhaps even buy a 2nd one ... the plan being that they act as locally attached video sources.

I am on tenterhooks just in case the ATV and/or MacMini upgrades loose their analgue video interfaces ... I want t be able to broadcast that over the RF Link Amplifier ...

Michael:
    I have purchase a second blu ray player, and now i hate using it because i don't like the remote control that comes with it.

If the MacMini includes a BluRay I may not even bother getting a BluRay player (no one replied to that post of mine anyway! I might *bump* it)

Michael:
    Will the new macmini be a basic replacement of your macbook?

yes, that's the plan ... and I might cascade this MacBook to SWMBO ... we are now as Apple mad as we are B&O mad :-)

• 04-12-2010 6:38 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

We're all mad in a way :-) But it's good to be passionate about something.

What's SWMBO?  

I'm also mac mad with wayyy too many mac products and i wish too many BO products

• 04-12-2010 7:37 AM In reply to

Michael:
    What's SWMBO?

She Who Must Be Obeyed

an alternative is SWIRO for She Who Is Rarely Obeyed

either way, "the trouble and strife" or wife

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)