in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-27-2009 6:58 AM by Emmanuel92. 107 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (108 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2009 11:06 AM

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Welcome to the latest BeoWorld Competition, where you can win yet another fantastic Bang & Olufsen Prize !!

This competition is open to all registered BeoWorld Members - so you need to be Bronze, Silver or Gold to enter. Simple.

The Prize at the end of it is a brand spanking new BeoTime Alarm Clock - the very latest bedside creation from Bang & Olufsen, which has been donated by Bang & Olufsen themselves.  So, three cheers for us - and a big thank you to Jette Nygaard at Bang & Olufsen in Struer.

The aim of this competition is to find the name of a Bang & Olufsen product using the clues given.  The answer you get will be in anagram form, and you must rearrange the letters to get the name of the product.  Once you have the name of the product, you will need to email your name, username and answer - plus a number between one and 1925 (the year B&O was founded !!).

The relevance of the 'chosen digits' is that once the competition closes, our trusty drawmaster PrizeDrawBot will choose a random number - and the nearest person with the correct answer to that number wins the prize.  Only one entry per household though, and the judges decision is final !

So - here are the clues to the letters, Write them down as you go, then rearrange them to form the name of a Bang & Olufsen product.  Once you get the answer, please don't bleat on about it not being a Bang & Olufsen product - it is...

All of the clues are accessible on this website, and only require a little savvy and effort on your part to find.

Letter 1 - The first letter of the BeoVision CRT television released in the early 1990's whose name loosely translates as 'forward' or 'advance'..

Letter 2 - The first letter of the Surname of the man who invented the MMC4000 cartridge, amongst others.

Letter 3 - The first letter of the product, first released in 1963 that was the forerunner of the acoustic lens. The name translates loosely from a Dutch word meaning 'omnidirectional' amongst others.

Letter 4 - The first letter of the Surname of Svend, the founder of the company we are all rather fond of !!

Letter 5 - The first letter of the Surname of the current CEO of Bang & Olufsen. An easy one if you're the CEO of Bang & Olufsen!

Letter 6 - The first letter of the Christian (first) name of the man in the 'Letter 2' clue..

Letter 7 - The first letter of the Christian (first) name of the CEO who brought in an era of 'shiny things' and a frankly average partnership with Samsung. Ex group director of Lego, he left B&O in January 2008.

Letter 8 - The first letter of the Christian (first) name of the B&O designer that joined B&O in the late 1950's, making himself famous for his 'modular' designs..

Letter 9 - the first letter of a Bang & Olufsen BeoSound product.  A cryptic clue could be.. 'a product like this comes along once every hundred years'..

Letter 10 -  The first letter of the Surname of the man who turned the company around in it's first 'hour of need' around 20 years ago. He had a book written about him called 'Break Point'.

Letter 11 -  The first letter of the BeoSound Product that is also a musical term meaning 'opening'.. The designer was apparently inspired to design this when walking into a department store through the automatic front doors!

So, you now should have 11 letters...

Rearrange them, and you will have a B&O product.  A bit left-field, but a product all the same. You'll know what i mean when you figure it out.

After that, choose yourself a number between 1 and 1925.  It will be completely random, so it could end up being as much '2' as '1924' or '706' - it's totally at the mercy of PDB's draw-chip...

Once you have the product, and have chosen your number - please email 'beoworld_admin@mac.com' with the following

Your Name.

Your BeoWorld Username.

The name of the Bang & Olufsen product from the clues above.

Your chosen number between 1 and 1925.

You have 7 days from today - closing date will be midnight (UK time) on October 24th.  The winner will be announced on this thread, live on the Sunday evening - October 25th.

Not sure the rules and instructions could be any more clear, but if you have any questions - please use the email address above to ask!

Good Luck everyone! Get your thinking caps on Hmm

Lee & The Moderating Team

Big Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 10-17-2009 11:52 AM In reply to

Re: Competition - Win a BeoTime !!!!

Excellent idea! Smile

Darn, the latter part of the problem is hard. No matter what language, 90% of anagrams always seem to be rude! Laughing

-mika

• 10-17-2009 12:01 PM In reply to

Done! What a great idea! Yes -  thumbs up Good luck everyone!!!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 10-17-2009 12:05 PM In reply to

Me too!!!!

Edit - I haven't received a confirmation email back though, I hope it went through!

• 10-17-2009 12:33 PM In reply to

• tc
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-25-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 18
    • Bronze Member

The anagram solvers didn't work for me either - just had to do it the hard (and discovered a few products I knew nothing about along the way!)

Adrian.

• 10-17-2009 12:34 PM In reply to

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Hi all,

Same for me for the confirmation, so many mails end-up in antispam filters!

Have a nice week-end,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 10-17-2009 12:35 PM In reply to

Mine isnt in the SPAM list thou

• 10-17-2009 12:45 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I will personally make sure that ALL entrants get an email in return to say they have been entered. How's that?  Check your inboxes..

Lee

Smile

• 10-17-2009 1:17 PM In reply to

Got it :) Thanks

• 10-17-2009 1:39 PM In reply to

What fun!

Thanks Lee! Yes -  thumbs up

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-17-2009 2:24 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

burantek:

What fun!

Thanks Lee! Yes -  thumbs up

Thanks to B&O for donating the prize! Gift

Lot's of correct entries flooding in.. did i make it too easy? Whistle

Lee

• 10-17-2009 2:40 PM In reply to

Yes! He banned my suggestion! Laughing Too hard!

• 10-17-2009 2:58 PM In reply to

Sorry to add confusion to an otherwise clear set a rules and I know Lee just loves probability theory Laughing , but...

will the number space wrap around? I.e if PDB pics 10, which will be considered closer: 30, or 1920?

-mika

• 10-17-2009 3:05 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

tournedos:

Sorry to add confusion to an otherwise clear set a rules and I know Lee just loves probability theory Laughing , but...

will the number space wrap around? I.e if PDB pics 10, which will be considered closer: 30, or 1920?

One day, just one day... none of you will be able to ask an awkward question. Laughing

No, the numbers will not wrap around.  30 will be closer to 10.  Geeked

Lee

• 10-17-2009 3:27 PM In reply to

Lee,

What happens if several people choose the same number and that number comes out as the winner? 

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 10-17-2009 3:30 PM In reply to

vikinger:

What happens if several people choose the same number and that number comes out as the winner?

Would that be a fluet? Hmm

P.S. my bad... Proper thanks to B&o as well for the BeoTime!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-17-2009 3:31 PM In reply to

In the unlikely event, there will be a tie break!

• 10-17-2009 3:33 PM In reply to

I love these competitions. What a great prize (Thanks B&O). Lee although it didnt take me that long to work out the answer i think its just about easy/hard enough to get plenty of entrants.

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 10-17-2009 3:34 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

One day, just one day... none of you will be able to ask an awkward question.

What happens if PDB picks 50 and someone has 40 and two people have 60 and no one has any numbers between 41 and 59?

DevilLaughingLaughing ...Sorry Embarrassed

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-17-2009 3:38 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

The Plumber:

I love these competitions. What a great prize (Thanks B&O). Lee although it didnt take me that long to work out the answer i think its just about easy/hard enough to get plenty of entrants.

Swot!Stick out tongue

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 10-17-2009 4:30 PM In reply to

Puncher:

The Plumber:

Swot!Stick out tongue

Probably safe to say you wont win Puncher Big Smile but good luck anyway. Big Smile

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 10-17-2009 6:48 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Thanks Lee for a great competitionSmileand thanks B&O for making the BeoTime availableSmile

Just like the good ol' days!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-18-2009 3:41 AM In reply to

9 LEE:

I will personally make sure that ALL entrants get an email in return to say they have been entered. How's that?  Check your inboxes..

Lee

Smile

Got my reply. Yes -  thumbs up Thanks once again to Beoworld and B&O!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 10-18-2009 5:55 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

I'm in as well. More thanks to B&O for this opportunity.

Evan

• 10-19-2009 6:10 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

The entries are streaming in now - well done folks!

The quiz, even if you know nothing about B&O, shouldn't take more than half an hour to do - so come on everyone!  There's a brand spanking new BeoTime sat right here in front of me, and it wants YOU to be it's new owner.. don't disappoint the poor thing!

Big Smile

Page 1 of 5 (108 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >