in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-22-2009 8:38 AM by timhanna. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2009 4:20 AM

BeoCom 6000 ring tones? Is there one that sounds like the BeoCom 2?

Hi All,

I am looking at some BeoCom 6000 to go with my BeoCom 2. Does the BeoCom 6000 have a ring tone thats the same as the BC2? The reason is that I dont really want to mix ring tones up?

Thanks

• 10-17-2009 4:30 AM In reply to

Re: BeoCom 6000 ring tones? Is there one that sounds like the BeoCom 2?

Don't think so. I have 2 BeoCom 6000s and and a BeoCom 2 in my place and I was trying the exact same thing when I bought the BeoCom 2 and linked them all. You have to put up with the different tones but its OK, quite a nice eclectic mix actually! Will you get a BeoCom 5 do you think? I am unsure.

• 10-17-2009 4:39 AM In reply to

Thanks Simon for your reply... Umm, then Ill probably pass on the 6000. I wanted something that I can treat less delicately... but I must admit that the BC6000 looks a bit 'old' when looking at the keys.

The BeoCom 5 might be ok, buuuut only if its 'cheap', design wise i think it looks nice, but no where near as striking as the BC2.

• 10-17-2009 8:00 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Do you know, with all the hype about the BeoCom 2 ringtone, and how it was inspired by a tube of aluminium dropping on the floor etc, I think the Beocom 2 ringtone is awful!
    Not at all a friendly sound like the 6000, and can not be made to gradually increase like you can on the Mk1 Beocom 6000.
    Sorry, this is just my opinion.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-17-2009 8:03 AM In reply to

I think the MK2 BC2 does increase...

I know what you mean Andy, but I have the phone already and want to match the ring tone from the potential other phones with it... :S

• 10-17-2009 8:17 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

timhanna:

I think the MK2 BC2 does increase...

Does it?  Sorry, I thought it was fixed at high, med or low volume. I only had them for a short while, and sold them on.

No offence Tim, I don't like mushrooms either!Wink

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 10-17-2009 8:23 AM In reply to

Oh, you might be right about the volume thing... ill need to check tonight!

• 10-17-2009 10:40 AM In reply to

I hope that the new up-coming becom 5 will have more ring tones than the beocom 6000Unsure

• 10-22-2009 7:26 AM In reply to

timhanna:

... but I must admit that the BC6000 looks a bit 'old' when looking at the keys.

I also both the BC 6000 and the BC2 , and I have to say, although the BC2 is pleasing to the eye, the BC6000 is more pleasing to the shoulder! Big Smile It's a lovely phone that I can spend hours with (provided the person at the other end is someone I'd like to have such a long conversation with of course...)

• 10-22-2009 8:05 AM In reply to

Milton78:

timhanna:

... but I must admit that the BC6000 looks a bit 'old' when looking at the keys.

I also both the BC 6000 and the BC2 , and I have to say, although the BC2 is pleasing to the eye, the BC6000 is more pleasing to the shoulder! Big Smile It's a lovely phone that I can spend hours with (provided the person at the other end is someone I'd like to have such a long conversation with of course...)

Agreed. The BC2 is a lovely looker, in fact many people comment on it when they see it at my place. Whenever the phones ring though I always head for the BC6000 in the kitchen or lounge because its much more easier to use for long phone calls! Seems a bit silly when I think about it. B&O is like art work for me at times, I buy it because I like the look, but rarely do I use it! Madness really!

• 10-22-2009 8:38 AM In reply to

The_Beonic_Man:

Milton78:

timhanna:

Agreed. The BC2 is a lovely looker, in fact many people comment on it when they see it at my place. Whenever the phones ring though I always head for the BC6000 in the kitchen or lounge because its much more easier to use for long phone calls! Seems a bit silly when I think about it. B&O is like art work for me at times, I buy it because I like the look, but rarely do I use it! Madness really!

Haha, me as well with the BC2, Im all so worried about scratching it that i use my mobile most the time :S heheh not cool!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)