in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-27-2009 3:22 PM by beolion. 32 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-15-2009 2:08 PM In reply to

Re: New Software released for BV7-40 Mark III/IV and BS3

Hi!

What happens when it crashes? Does everything freeze or. How do you reset?

br/h

• 12-15-2009 2:14 PM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

hagan:

Hi!

What happens when it crashes? Does everything freeze or. How do you reset?

br/h

Unplugging from main.

Quim

• 12-15-2009 9:56 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

mooxxey have you solved the sound delay from your TV in your linkroom yet?

regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 12-16-2009 2:33 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Beolab, no that is still a problem, even with the latest 7.05 sw. Indeed, the problems I have now, include:

1) Intermittent crashing BV7-40 MKIV as a result of a three-way Sky HD<>BV8<>BV7 setup. Seems to cause the BV7 to crash.

2) Delayed audio on the BV8 (which didn't ever happen in the same setup, using the BV7-40 MKIII)

3) Degraded picture quality - as someone else mentioned - after sw 7.05 was installed

Luckily my dealer has asked B&O to replace the new BV7-40 MKIV with a brand new model, hoping that may fix the issues. I doubt it, but they have to try it regardless!

• 12-16-2009 3:01 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I must say, I do admire B&O's steely resolve! If, as is claimed, they follow these Fora, I'm impressed that they can read about your (and others, most having shelled out up to £10K), continuing issues with their top-of-the range LCD TV, for well over a year now and still resist issuing any sort of official statement/timing plan/apology for their shoddy, under-developed and under-tested product.

Unless, of course, it's because there is simply no excuse!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-16-2009 6:17 AM In reply to

Is it steely resolve or ignorance? I sincerely do hope that they read these forums - in particular Kalle Hvidt Nielsen. What he'd uncover is that his software development teams need bolstering with both additional headcount and new leadership. In particular, the Software QA team really needs fixing. 

Whilst I will be very fair and say that B&O UK have looked after me well on the back of conversations with the brilliant B&O Reading, issues persist even after 25 months of ownership. BeoCare on the other hand were frankly rude and a waste of time.

My TV arrived with software:

3.5 - Bugs that resulted in loss of settings and frequent Sky HD crashes.

4.0 - More bugs and Sky crashes.

4.2 - Somehow they make Sky HD worse and introduce an HDCP issue.

5.03 - Improved with only the occasional Sky lock-up and new feature introduced where Link Screen looses picture occassionally.

7.05 - Picture quality rubbish, Link room TV looses PUC control for SKY HD, Numerous Errors saying god knows what. B&O UK Technical could not help.

Then I downgrade to 6.11

6.11 - Picture quality back to normal. Blu-Ray wont play certain DVDs that worked fine with 7.05. But the TV has otherwise been mostly reliable.

Whilst I would not mind the persistent updates, what I find unacceptable are the new bugs they create with each release. How on earth do they manage that? I'm really looking forward to the explanation about the poor picture quality with 7.05, its frankly a joke that a senior software engineer could possibly release such code when the problem is so obvious.

And lastly, I feel very badly for the dealers who receive no recompense for having to jump in their car with a laptop and to take the 45 minutes with each customer to apply each successive update. If this were any other company they'd receive the internal service labour rate. 

Mr. Neilson, I'd need to be convinced long and hard to purchase another 10k Television from B&O.

• 12-16-2009 7:30 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

mawheele:

And lastly, I feel very badly for the dealers who receive no recompense for having to jump in their car with a laptop and to take the 45 minutes with each customer to apply each successive update. If this were any other company they'd receive the internal service labour rate. 

I totally agree. My dealer - B&O of Bath - has been fantastic. This will be my third BV7-40 MKIV since May and, although I don't think the new Tv will resolve all issues, at least they are working hard - at their expense - to resolve the sw issues.

I have NO idea why B&O stay so aloof in this situation. They create all their sw bugs and then leave their dealers to pick up the pieces. Worse, this isn't new - the MKIII also had sw related issues for many many months.

It's 'funny' as this does have a wider impact. For example, a friend mentioned this morning that "that new 40" upgrade was a complete waste of money, wasn't it", whereas I turned around and said "yes £3000 for many months of hassle". True :(

• 12-27-2009 3:22 PM In reply to

mawheele:

7.05 - Picture quality rubbish, Link room TV looses PUC control for SKY HD, Numerous Errors saying god knows what. B&O UK Technical could not help.

Then I downgrade to 6.11

6.11 - Picture quality back to normal. Blu-Ray wont play certain DVDs that worked fine with 7.05. But the TV has otherwise been mostly reliable.

I have had my 7-55 for a few weeks now, and I just watched Tranformers 2, and I noticed that the picture is not as sharp and crisp as I expected on a Blueray. I looked at it with a friend, and we do find that a HD DTV channel has a better picture quality. I.e. if you look at the subtitles, it is easy to see the edges on the Blueray movie. Also, many areas in the picture is 'corny'.
    I have SW 7.05a, could it is this version that has a problem as mentioned by mawheele?
    Beside that, the TV works just fine, and we love to watch TV on it.

There is something about B&O.....

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2