in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-08-2010 1:00 PM by stefan. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-14-2009 12:35 PM

• Cleo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-04-2007
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

Correct connecting BM/BS5 to BV9

Hello,

what is the correct connecting for the BM5 to the BV9. I have the follwing cables: 1. ML, 2. SPDIF, 3. Video, 4. Audio l/r . All is on the AV5/ ML of the BV9. But the i can´t see anything on my screen !

ciao cleo

• 10-15-2009 4:20 AM In reply to

Re: Correct connecting BM/BS5 to BV9

Cleo,

Hi, I dont have a BV9 - so I cant give you first hand experience of how to do this. What I can give you is a couple of pointers to lookout for:-

First, I hope that your BM5 is mounted inside your BV9. If not, then I can only recommend you get an approved B&O service engineer to do this for you as it requires pulling off the BS3, front and rear panels and installing a BM5 interface mounting kit. Your post seems to suggest it is not - as you should have already cables from the interface mounting kit (DVI, 2 x USB cables, ethernet) connected to your BM5???

It is then a matter of connecting all these cables either to the Interface kit and/or the BS3. You post does not give enough info to us to specifically guide you on this. Again, I would say this is a fairly complex task and one best done by an expert.

Once all the cables are connected, you will need to to configure your BV9 to display whatever from the source. This should be done using:- menu/options/connections/AV5 and then select the source (PC) and store (go). PC on your remote should activate it.

Best I can do for now

10%

• 10-15-2009 12:59 PM In reply to

• Cleo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-04-2007
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

Thank you 10%

you are correct - my BS5 is not inside the BV9. It is connected at the moment by ML, Audio l/r, SPDIF, and Video- cable. It works fine, when I start it from my BS5 - but if I start it with my Beo4 (PC) it suddenly get a dark screen at the BS5 and the menu is not shown on the screen of the BV9. Is there a mistake in the correct connecting ? Have I to take a cable from DVI (BM5) to BV9 ??

ciao cleo

• 10-15-2009 3:23 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

BM5 has 2 DVI outputs, the first for the BS3 and the second for BS5. You can use a DVI - VGA cable and assign VGA to AV5, or a DVI - HDMI cable and assign one of the four HDMI inputs to AV5. The video cable - I assume you are talking about the composite out with "video cable" is quite useless at the moment. Hope this helps.

Stefan

• 10-15-2009 3:42 PM In reply to

Can HDMI via AV1 through AV4 be used instead of AV5 or AV6? For a Beosystem 3 there is the issue of problems closing the BS3 door when connecting cables (other than HDMI) to AV5 or AV6.

Or is it the case that sound will be passing through masterlink and not the BS3 or BV9? If that's the case, then only the HDMI cable would be needed and not the SPDIF.

• 10-16-2009 5:32 AM In reply to

• Cleo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-04-2007
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

At the moment my BM5 is connected to BV9 by ML, Audio l/r , SPDIF and Video. I think it´s right , that sound comes over the ML, because when I put out the SPDIF it runs anyway. My problem is that I have the AV5 configurated for PC fix by the BV9. If I want to configurate AV5 for the BM5/BS5 i have to reset my BV9.

ciao cleo

• 01-16-2010 11:42 AM In reply to

Hi,

I have a similar setup : BV9 + BS/BM5 connected via ML, spdif, dvi to VGA cable. (AV5)
    Everything works in this setup but i want to connect it via a hdmi cable to for example AV4. (the BM5 is not build in the BV9)
    (hdmi cabel is already in the wall, the VA is not, so hdmi is preferable)
    When I connect the DVI output to a hdmi with a converter, i have image on the BV9 but no control via the remote.
    In the connections menu, i select BM5, then it asks also for an ML adres (PC1 to PC8)
    How can i make this work ?

• 01-28-2010 2:22 PM In reply to

Hi!

I have the same problem. No picture on Beovision 7-40.  I must have missed something in the Beovision menu.

My setup:

Beovision 7-40

Beosound 2

Beomaster 5

Everything in the same room. Beomaster connected with 

- DVI - VGA on Beovision7

- spdif

- ML

- Ethernet to switch.

Everything assigned to AV5 as pc. When choosing pc only a black screen appears. No Beosound in the setup but when i connected a computerscreen dvi-dvi I coud see the first menu. So what have I missed in Beovision setup?

br

/h

• 01-30-2010 3:00 AM In reply to

I have an image via the VGA cable , but is does not support all resolutions. The best way is to start in default mode and than via the setup menu test the other resolutions. (max resolution is 720 vertical)
    Did you change anything in the resolution setup from the BS5 when you connected a computerscreen ?
    My dealer told me DVI to hdmi works with the latest BS3 software. They will do an upgrade somewhere next week  

nico

• 01-30-2010 4:25 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

DVI - HDMI cable also works with earlier SW. My BV7-40 is software 5.0? and  my BM5 works great via HDMI. I can select all resolution up to full HD 1920 x 1080. So upgrading shouldn`t be necessary. If you have link-TVs don´t forget to connect a composite cable.

Stefan

• 02-02-2010 2:59 AM In reply to

Stefan, are you able to control the BS via the remote ?
    I can connect the BM to the BS3  with the DVI to hdmi cable, but i do not have control via the ML cable ..

nico 

• 02-02-2010 7:32 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes. I can control my BS5 via Beo4/5 in N.MUSIC-, N.RADIO-  and PC mode from mainroom and linkrooms.

Did you assign it to BM5 and ML address 1 and HDMI in the connections menu? If this doesn`t help, try to disconnect the system - incl. BS3 - from the mains for some minutes and reconnect them with the BS3 as last device. Good luck.

Stefan

• 03-07-2010 5:57 AM In reply to

My BV9 has been upgraded to the latest soft version, but my problem remains the same.
    I think there is a difference between BV9 setup and another system based on the BS3.
    The AV5 connection is fixed for PC and you can not change it. This is because normally you can build the BS5 in the BV9. The BS3 sees it is part of the setup of a BV9 and he "reserves" the AV5 for PC. 
    This is what i think of course, but i can not find any other reason.
    Can someone check if with a BV7 the AV5 is also reserved for PC ?

nico 

• 03-07-2010 10:39 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

nico vercammen:

Can someone check if with a BV7 the AV5 is also reserved for PC ?

nico 

My BM5 is also connected to AV5 of my BV7-40 MKIII and assigned as PC. I think you will find this in all BS3 based systems.

Hope this helps.

Stefan

• 03-07-2010 12:01 PM In reply to

Stefan,

the AV5 connection is greyed-out on my ststrem . So i cannot select hdmi for that port ...
    Can you select an hdmi port for AV5 ?

nico 

• 03-07-2010 1:09 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes, it`s possible to select PC. AV5 is NOT greyed out on my BV7. My BM5 is connected via HDMI. AV4 is greyed out and automatically assigned to DVD as I have the integrated DVD player. But you can change it in the service menu.

Stefan

• 03-08-2010 1:53 AM In reply to

Hi,

i looked in the service menu but could not find any place to grey it out ...
    Where can oy gery-out the dvd player ?

nico 

• 03-08-2010 1:00 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

MENU - 0 - 0 - GO - MONITOR - CONFIGURATION. Now DVF ENABLED, DVD ENABLED, DISPLAY LCD is displayed.

I think you will find this on a BV7-40 if the DTV and DVD modules are present....(?)

Stefan

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)