in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-03-2010 2:34 PM by Chrisreunion. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-12-2009 2:25 PM

Beo 4 DTV version

Have anyone heard about the new Beo4 DTV version?

It seems that they have skipped "TV" button and replaced it with "V.AUX"

• 10-12-2009 2:56 PM In reply to

Re: Beo 4 DTV version

Sounds rather pointless to me. Why not just make the "TV" button select the digital tuner, be it inside the TV or an external box? In a few years, you have to travel far and between to find a country where "TV" and "digital TV" mean something different...

-mika

• 10-12-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

On the new BV8-40" you can turn your TV and DVB tuner off.

So you can set in your source menu TV, and use your TV button as the DTV button.

• 10-12-2009 3:21 PM In reply to

Beomaster8000:

On the new BV8-40" you can turn your TV and DVB tuner off.

So you can set in your source menu TV, and use your TV button as the DTV button.

same on my BV9

but I like that they have V.AUX in the buttons. I have my Apple Tv there

• 10-12-2009 4:34 PM In reply to

My Apple TV is set to PC.

• 10-12-2009 4:46 PM In reply to

mr_anders_son:
    Have anyone heard about the new Beo4 DTV version?

From now you will be able to order a Beo4-DTV, for the "digital TV age".

"TV" button has been replaced for "DTV". In addition, "DTV" button has been replaced for "V.AUX".

If you needed a "TV" button, you will be able to add it in the "LIST".

There are no plans to make spare parts for this new Beo4 version, this means that it could be an eventual version... "Classic" Beo4 cannot be converted in a Beo4-DTV...

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 10-13-2009 2:56 AM In reply to

I am informed that B&O has made a small batch of these new Beo4's and they will see how they sell.

They have not produced an upgrade kit, so you have to purchase a new one if you want one.

Regards Keith....

• 10-27-2009 10:28 AM In reply to

Ordered mine today.

Wife is too upset with having to make sure that V.AUX is in the "remote window" . Worth the 200 euros to make her happy Smile

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

Filed under:
  • 10-27-2009 12:31 PM In reply to

But you can put V.Aux as first in the LIST. That is how we use the AV9000 and Sky. B&O clearly think there will not be much demand for this, especially as you can remap the TV button with the new sets.

• 10-27-2009 2:55 PM In reply to

• 01-03-2010 2:34 PM In reply to

Why they chose to add V.AUX instead of PC is beyond my understanding..All BeoVisions nowadays can act as PC monitors, so the PC key makes more sense to me, besides, the BeoMaster 5 owners will have to reprogram their product to make it react to V.AUX rather than PC commands, when used in a video setup..Angry

Finally, as others said, "TV" and "DTV" could have merged into a single source (it was working like this on BeoCenter 1), since old analog TV is gone, but the term "TV" remains universal, in any language: ask a French or a German what "DTV" means, they don't know, ask them what "TV" means, they all know ! Stick out tongue

Reunion Island is greeting you!

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)