in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-28-2009 5:09 PM by sverreh. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2007 1:13 PM

Beosound 6000 and EarSet 1

We have a Beoline PSTN Basestation (DECT) and 2 x Beocom 6000 phones at home, they are unfortunately pre  May 2005, so they need upgrading to software ver 2.5 in order that I can buy my missus a 6000 phone that the EarSet can plugo into for hands free talking ( boy she does a lot of talking - looks at phone bill for May ) . Still it is her birthday on 28th June, so I need to buy another 6000 and EarSet, and get my existing kit upgraded ( according the website ) .

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=788#

May 2005: Seven years after the introduction of BeoCom 6000 it was necessary to update the chipset. Mainly of a technical nature, the menu of all BeoCom 6000s manufactured after this date will include a changed structure of the menu and the new feature of being able to connect EarSet 1 Home.

Are there ways to do this without sending it to my local B&O dealer ( not just on the grounds that they charge far in excess of what an upgrade should cost, but for speed reasons as well, it can take weeks for them to do this sort of thing as a rule) .

Any of the following models would do for the 6000, if anyone has one to sell ( rather than chancing my luck on ebay) .

Handset Black: 1100033  Blue: 1100034  Grey: 1100035   Yellow: 1100032

Filed under: ,
  • 06-11-2007 3:34 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 6000 and EarSet 1

This is something that really has to be done by either a dealer or an authorised service centre.  They not only have the software but also the special tool to perfom the update.  The update needs to be carried out on your PSTN base station as well as all the handsets in your system, this however should not take very long, it sould take no longer than 20mins to do the lot.  If your regular dealer can't help you why not try another or find your nearest service centre and try them.I am suprised that if you told them that you intended to buy an additional handset & earset that they would not do the update free of charge.
  • 06-11-2007 8:00 AM In reply to

Re: Beosound 6000 and EarSet 1

To upgrade a Mark I BeoCom 6000 to a Mark II for the new functions, the PCB needs to be changed, not just the software.

So, your options are:-

1) Buy a Mark II version on Ebay

2) Buy a Mark II version from your dealer

3) Get the B&O dealer to upgrade one of your existing phones

Regards Keith....

• 06-14-2007 3:25 PM In reply to

Beoline PSTN DECT Basestation not GAP Standard

I have a Siemens ( BT badged Diverse 4010 ) GAP compatible phone that I have charged up and thought it might be possible to connect to the Beoline PSTN base, if the Beoline is a true GAP standard DECT basestation, then it should allow non B&O handsets to register with the Beoline.

Has anyone been able to establish whether this is possible or not, I have tried but no joy, I double checked that the pin I was using was the same on both the Beoline and the Siemens handset.

What do you think Keith ?

• 06-14-2007 5:01 PM In reply to

Re: Beoline PSTN DECT Basestation not GAP Standard

there have been references on this forum that the frequency used by the Beoline and Beocom's is 2.4 GHz ( the same as WiFi )

does this mean that B&O probably just took the Siemens reference design for WDCT ?

WDCT is mainly used in North America (Worldwide Digital Cordless Telephone) it is a- derivative of DECT using DECT protocols and technology, but using frequency hopping in the ISM 2.4 GHz frequency band.   Siemens products were the first to the WDCT to be introduced, in September 1998 -  and this was around the time B&O came out with the Beocom 6000  :-)    Could merely be a coincidence, but I wonder if anyone has tried registering a WDCT handset to a Beolink basestation and suceeded !

• 06-16-2007 2:48 AM In reply to

Whilst I have never tried to connect another manufacturers DECT phone to a B&O basestation, I would be surprised if it would work because the DECT/GAP standard is really a protocol definition and not a compatibility standard, in other words for example you define an area and size for the device address, but you don't define the format of the address. B&O addresses are in he general format 36-000077xxxxxx but I would be surprised if the Siemens uses the same address format, equally B&O will be only scanning for its address range.

So, in my view phones may be DECT/GAP compatible but that does not mean different manufacturers phones will work together

Regards Keith....

• 06-20-2007 12:05 PM In reply to

• bermic
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-20-2007
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Hi,

I had no problem connecting a GAP compatible phone to the basestation, i tried with a siemens and with a tenovis D3 dect/gap phone , both worked fine

• 06-20-2007 5:05 PM In reply to

interesting -  Keith believes a DECT phone will not be able to register with the B&O dect basestation unless the phone able to scan for B&O addresses that are in the general format 36-000077xxxxxx

but  it looks like bermic has managed to register a Siemens and a Tenovis phone to the B&O basestation. I have a Siemens ( BT badged phone ) and it will not register, but I would be interested to know what model Siemens phone you got to work Bermic ??

Also, has anyone else got other DECT gap compliant ( the European version of DECT ) to register with Beoline PSTN basestations ?

• 09-24-2009 3:58 PM In reply to

• sverreh
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 88
    • Founder

Forgive me if I answer the wrong question:

I have recently installed a Mark 1 Beocom 6000 at home.  This is the one with a combined base /charger in the pyramid.  Out of curiosity I tested the handsets of my retired ISDN Gigaset system, and they all registered happily to the Beocom base.

The handsets are Gigaset 2000 Comfort, 2000L pocket and a table phone of the same generation.

Sverre

• 09-25-2009 5:28 PM In reply to

interesting,  I think it is time to try out as many Siemens DECT handsets as I can, and see which register to the B&O base, the good news is that you have established that other manufacturers can be used, which is great !

All I need is a DECT phone from Siemens that has "speakerphone" function :-)

• 10-28-2009 5:09 PM In reply to

• sverreh
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 88
    • Founder

The Tabletop phone is Gigaset 2000T, and it do have a loudspeaker and hands-free function.

I have now used the phones for a month, without any problems. 

Happy hunting, I believe they are around 10 years old.

Sverre

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)