in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-11-2009 11:29 AM by Beobuddy. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2009 10:43 AM

LC1 not working...

tried changing the fuse etc but its dead? theres nothing that looks blown inside nor has it had a hard life.. are these repariable? or any known fixes?

• 10-10-2009 11:05 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Re: LC1 not working...

Not seen anything to suggest they are, but sure someone will know.

I have a couple of LC2s that have seemingly died and which I've just stuck away in a cupboard (hoping they will  repair themselves!), so I would be interested if anyone knows if either the LC1s or LC2s can be rectified!

Doubt it though.

• 10-10-2009 1:15 PM In reply to

• ProGram
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • NRW, Germany
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

There is a lithium cell inside. Maybe it's empty. But I can't tell if this is the reason. 

• 10-10-2009 1:58 PM In reply to

• lausvi
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Helsinki - Finland
    • Posts 498
    • Gold Member

I would like to hear if there is somebody familiar with these LC1 units. Some months ago I got two (in a bag filled with B&O link cables and connectors!). Both of them were completely dead. I replaced the fuse in both (they were both blown) and one of them works completely, the other one works on/off by the touch-plate but it doesn't respond to remote controls at all. (And: how is the LC1 disassembled? I get the bottom plate off to access the fuse but I can't figure out how to slide out the circuitry to see the rest of it.)

Bang & Olufsen - The art of controlling sound, picture and light

• 10-10-2009 5:24 PM In reply to

• geearr
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-27-2008
    • Gold Coast, Australia
    • Posts 301
    • Gold Member

Hi kokomo

It does appear that LC2's are still repairable.  A few months ago, I purchased one of the two PCB's from my local dealer and that fixed my particular problem - so the parts are definitely available.  If you don't decide to fix them, don't throw them away - I might like the option of taking them from you.  They definitely do not repair themselves!!

Good luck

Regards

Geoff

• 10-11-2009 2:27 AM In reply to

• ProGram
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2007
    • NRW, Germany
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

I tried to repair them as well, months ago, but not (yet) successful. Perhaps they have problems with the controller. To open them, you have to destroy somehow the housing. The shiny upper part is glued to the body. But you may be lucky to crack it open. Try with a carpet knife. Start left and right of the inscription. At the bottom there is one screw which holds the heat-sink. Now you can push the whole upwards.

• 10-11-2009 11:29 AM In reply to

You haven't a plasma near the LC1/2?

LC2's have to be modified for working with plasma's in the room. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)