in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-10-2009 12:48 PM by John. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2009 1:31 PM

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • BRISTOL UK
    • Posts 62
    • Silver Member

CD door on Beocenter 9000

Can anyone give me advice. I have a Beocenter9000 that was damaged in transit. The CD sliding door is wedged partly open and does not move . It looks as though the outer end has been dislodged from the runners. the drive mechanism seems sound but I can see no way of refitting it.  I can move the door by hand but not far enough to fit the 'fingers' over the end of the track. It moves slightly but seems to come against a stop.

The Service manual for the 9500 looks very similar but it gives no information that helps me. There is an exploded diagram of all the parts but no explanation of the assembly order. I think I may see something useful by removing 2 screws and taking away the center section but I am reluctant to just unscrew things without knowing what I am doing.

I would be grateful if anyone could give me instructions but failing that it would help if I can be reassured that removing the centre section would not do any harm or be completely useless.

Thanks in anticipation

John 

• 10-10-2009 5:18 AM In reply to

Re: CD door on Beocenter 9000

Remove the upper and lower glass panels by removing 1 screw under the left hand end of each panel and sliding the panels to the right->.

Now remove 4 screws holding the centre panel and lift the panel away (beware 4 rubber spaces which could drop into the beocenter!)

The mechanism and string drive is now exposed. Beware, replacing the string is truly a balls acheing job!!!

Good Luck!

Regards Graham

• 10-10-2009 9:11 AM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • BRISTOL UK
    • Posts 62
    • Silver Member

Hello Graham ,

Many thanks for the instructions. I had not realised both glass panels needed removing. The exploded 3D diagram is fine for giving a general impression but it could not show all the screws. I will have ago and see how far I get. I only hope nothing inside has been broken by whatever dislocated it. I will no doubt find out!

Regards

John

• 10-10-2009 12:48 PM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-20-2009
    • BRISTOL UK
    • Posts 62
    • Silver Member

Hello again Graham,

Your instructions were very helpful indeed and I had no problems in getting to the mechanism. Fortunately nothing was broken and I managed to relocate the door in it's guides. The string and attachment mechanism was all present but had become detached from the door. It seemed obvious how to put it back but my reassembly might not meet the inspection standards of B&O it does however work.

My next task is to find a replacement rear glass this had been smashed at one end but glue has put it together after a fashion. At least I can now listen to the system and I reaalise how lucky I am that it was not the front glass.

Many thanks again for the rapid help

Regards

John

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)