in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-10-2009 6:03 AM by desmochild. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-09-2009 12:40 PM

Vista 64bit and driver for BeoPlayer

Hi,

Just changed out the old XP computer where I used at first PC2, then BeoPort, with success. Now I have a Vista 64-bit and when installing BeoPlayer, Vista misses the driver for "unknown unit" (read beoport). It / I can´t seem to find the driver to use. Tried to reinstall and plug/unplug the hardware but it makes no diference. So what an I doing wrong...anyone have a clue? 

• 10-09-2009 1:10 PM In reply to

Re: Vista 64bit and driver for BeoPlayer

Nothing.

Beoport is simply not supported with XP/Vista 64bit!

• 10-09-2009 3:07 PM In reply to

Well sometimes even the bad answers is better than not knowing...
    this is my debut on the forum and I'm impressed with the quick answers!

Thanx!

• 10-09-2009 5:04 PM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

A new version of BeoPlayer is due to be released week commencing 19.10.09. It will cope with 64-bit system and Windows7.

Opman

• 10-09-2009 11:14 PM In reply to

Opman:
    A new version of BeoPlayer is due to be released week commencing 19.10.09. It will cope with 64-bit system and Windows7.

*SIGH*

I guess that means ...

NO MAC OSX

NO SNOW LEOPARD

NO iTUNES

NO LAST.FM

NO BMLINK

Please tell me I am too negative and that the new B&O is going to save us Applephiles

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-10-2009 12:52 AM In reply to

your to negative!

go download the latest version.

• 10-10-2009 1:49 AM In reply to

Carolpa:
    your to negative!

Yes I know I am, but I am also a little hopeful.

Carolpa:
    go download the latest version.

The "latest" MAC version is still the old BMLINK that I use every day.

This is the "latest" WINDOWS version on B&O's main site, and which I can't use on my Apple ... I think/hope there is a newer version coming for Windows users (and maybe Mac users):

Version 5.02.01

This new version of BeoPlayer is designed for use with the BeoSound 5 / BeoMaster 5 or for BeoMedia 1 use.

New features included:

• It is now possible to hold the BeoPlayer control and dismiss hiding
    • If you are using BeoMedia 1: You are not required to download this new release, but are encouraged to:
      • if you experience problems using your current version, or
      • if you have updated to a Windows version not supported by the current version
      • The Guide for the new release does not describe use with BeoMedia 1 and therefore a separate Guide (available in English only) must be used.
         » English Guide

Error correction:

• A number of minor error corrections have been made.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-10-2009 6:03 AM In reply to

Good news, but I seem to get the BeoPlayer to work fine. I guess my problem is due to the drivers of the BeoPort, will the new version solve even this? Or is there updates coming for BeoPort or maybe there is firmware to update. Do you know?

I've started to browse in order to find out if a 32-bit virtual pc in Win7 would solve the problem for BeoPort....

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)