in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-08-2009 4:49 PM by Keith Saunders. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-08-2009 10:50 AM

blog

Hi, im a newbie and would like to know how to post a blog,sorry to put this on the forum. Cheers.

• 10-08-2009 10:59 AM In reply to

Re: blog

A very good question! Despite having a much underused one, I have no idea! Lee might be able to set one up for you - or more likely Keith!

• 10-08-2009 2:57 PM In reply to

Indeed a good question ...

I clicked on my "Signed in as elephant" link and found that we have "announcements" under our profiles, and so I created one"

when is a blog not a blog ?

7:49 PM on October 8, 2009

when it is called an announcement ?

Not sure whether this is the Blog style you meant ...

I also tested Peter's link to his details since he said he had a blog, but he had no "announcements".

So I then checked my profile, and yes there is a "blog" field there, but I suspect it is meant to contain an http: internet link to your blog that is external to Beoworld.

So if you already have a blog, edit your profile and put its address there.

If you dont have a blog and want one, the look at varioys free blog sites to find one that appeals to you in terms of its look and feel, sign up, and the populate your profile.

In the past I have used https://www.blogger.com/start because it is accessible from my gmail (google mail) sign-on but the use of gmail is not a prerequisite

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-08-2009 4:24 PM In reply to

There is a facility to have a blog - I do have one - just don't use it much! The entries for the three or so blogs that exist are here.

• 10-08-2009 4:49 PM In reply to

When I upgraded the forum in January 2009 which also provided greater BLOG facilities, it was enabled as follows:-

• All members could read and comment on any BLOG
    • All Founder and Gold members could read, write and update files to BLOGS

By default a BLOG could be created automatically when a member with the above status joined, however I removed that default because of the amount of disk space which would be used even if a member did not write any BLOGS. Given at that time very few members appeared to wish to use BLOGS, it seemed the extra space could not be justified.

At the time of the upgrade I informed everyone who was a Gold member that if they wanted their own BLOG, then drop me an e-mail and I would set it up for you. As I did not receive any requests I left it set to not auto create.

Having given you the background to the BLOGS if any member with Gold status wishes to have their own BLOG, please mail me and I will set it up.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)