in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-18-2009 8:05 PM by futurist. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-04-2009 3:15 PM

BeoCom 2 - Setting Up

Hi, Can anyone tell me how to set this thing up, just can't figure it out....?

I bought it in 2002 and then I had the S/W upgraded in 2003 when I bought a second one.  Since 2004 they haven't been used. 

Nowhere in the manuals does it tell you how to connect the phone antenna to the phone outlet wall socket.  Or at least I cannot see it.  I have the table base/phone plugged into the AC socket.  But what do I do with the antenna?  There is only a telephone line coming out of it, when I plug it into the wall socket I just get "not connected with base" (or similar).  Do I need to connect AC power to the antenna also?  The reason I ask is because I also have 2 x AC leads in the box and a number of double adapters which say power/line on them.  Trouble is, I cannot see anywhere on the antenna where I can connect the power.

Hope that makes sense?

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars.
    The rest I just squandered.

George Best

• 10-04-2009 3:33 PM In reply to

Re: BeoCom 2 - Setting Up

The cable from the beoline goes to a connector which accepta power and phone line. What does yours terminate in?

• 10-04-2009 3:58 PM In reply to

Hi Peter, I just connected the PSTN base to the phone socket in the wall.  Do I need to connect the base to "line" on the adapter, then also plug in an AC lead to the "power" on the adapter?

George Best

• 10-04-2009 4:48 PM In reply to

Mine is just like the attached diagram. One wire from the Beoline going to a two plug socket. One socket takes the line from the telephone socket and the other takes power from the power transformer.

• 10-04-2009 7:19 PM In reply to

Thanks Peter.  Connected as you said, both phones recognised the base and still had all the numbers in the phonebook.  Unfortunately, they still don't work....just comes up with "line busy" when I try to make a call.  I suspect Eircom haven't connected me yet. 

George Best

• 10-05-2009 3:18 PM In reply to

Phoned Eircom but they can't send an engineer out for 10 days :(  When I phone the landline from my mobile I get a ringing tone.  So whilst I await the engineer, I'll buy a cheap phone to plug directly into the socket to establish if the fault is with my equipment or with the line.

George Best

• 10-05-2009 4:17 PM In reply to

Where are you based? I have a 1401 knocking about you can have. It will be set up with a UK plug though.

• 10-05-2009 4:53 PM In reply to

Very kind of you Sir.   I'm in Dublin though, moved here for work a few weeks ago.  I'll just buy a cheapy phone to test, can get them for peanuts these days.  Although, maybe not here.... 6 euros a pint and nearly 9 for cigs... :(

George Best

• 10-05-2009 5:00 PM In reply to

9 for cigs??? really???

• 10-05-2009 5:06 PM In reply to

Near enough.  Can't remember the exact price, 8.85 I think.  I have given up looking at the price of things now over here.  If you want it, buy it and don't look at the price otherwise you end up crying.  Especially with the euro being so strong against the pound at the moment.

How much are they in Germany?

George Best

• 12-18-2009 2:08 PM In reply to

Forgot to update. 

Turned out is was a fault on the line.  The telephone engineer had to replace a cable between the telegraph post on the lane up to my house.  He also had to replace the cable from the external junction box on the house to the internal phone socket. 

All good now though :)

George Best

• 12-18-2009 8:05 PM In reply to

Peter :

Where are you based? I have a 1401 knocking about you can have. It will be set up with a UK plug though.

Hi Peter

I  realise this post is getting on a bit, but when you said the original poster could 'have' your 1401, did you mean permanently? My 1401 has just died and I'm on the lookout for a replacement. I'd be happy to pay postage to Australia...if you simply meant to loan the phone please don't take offence!

Cheers

Stuart

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)