in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-07-2009 5:40 AM by Weebyx. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-04-2009 4:02 AM

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Connecting BeoSystem 3 to Samsung tv ?

Hi

I am in the process of moving, and in then 2 months my BV4-50" is stored at my dealers location, until the new place is being finished.

In the meantime i thought it would be cool to connect the BS3 to my girlfriends samsung tv, just to be able to use the PUC controller and my Beo5 :)

I have connected the BS3 to an available HDMI port on the samsung tv using an adaptercable DVI->HDMI. When i switch the Samsung to HDMI3(the connected port) i can see the tv from BS3, i have also connected a Denon DVD player to AV1 with scart cable, and a Playstation 3 to AV2 with HDMI. I have configured the sources in the BS3 correctly, but when i switch the source on BS3 to DVD or V.MEM(the Playstation) the Samsung tv just says "mode not supported" and not picture is shown.

In the configuration on the BS3, i have selected "non B&O screen" as Display 1, and i have set the resolution to the Samsung resolution.

Maybe it is the HDCP that is acting up, and i could understand it with the PS3, but the DVD player is connected via SCART, so that should work.

I have read in the manual to the samsung tv, that when using a HDMI/DVI cable connection, the HDMI2 input should be used, but i am using the DVI/HDMI connection. Has anyone tried connecting a BS3 to an ordinary HDMI port on another tv ?

/Weebyx

• 10-04-2009 6:15 PM In reply to

• batfab
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 06-04-2007
    • Posts 3
    • Silver Member

Re: Connecting BeoSystem 3 to Samsung tv ?

I used to have similar problem  with non-Beo TV and it took me some time to sort it out ;-)

cure was following setting in the customer service menu of the BS3 (in <Picture Adjustment>):  

Display1

OUTP 60HZ => ON   (default after system reset is Off - in this state no TV-Picture was displayed / only in tuning-menu)

FRAMELOCK => Double Buffer (default is "abort line" -> in this state no AV/HDMI was displayed...)

Only by modifying these settings I could get the whole thing work on my 46" Sony Bravia...

• 10-04-2009 7:18 PM In reply to

• mor
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-18-2007
    • Cologne
    • Posts 104
    • Bronze Member

Connecting BeoSystem 3 to Samsung LED TV?

Apologies to hijack your conversation - but I was wondering whether anyone succeeded connecting a Beosystem 3 to a Samsung LED TV, yet?

I do like the Samsung's dimension positvely better than the B&O 4's or the Panasonic's.

Maybe someone reading this can share his or her experience(s)

• 10-07-2009 5:40 AM In reply to

• Weebyx
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-30-2008
    • Denmark
    • Posts 321
    • Bronze Member

Re: Connecting BeoSystem 3 to Samsung tv ?

That did it :)

Thanks alot

/Weebyx

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)