in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-04-2009 11:59 PM by jk1002. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-02-2009 5:41 PM

Best All-In-One Integration Component for Apple-B&O Config?

I've been enjoying the new world of music presented to me using the connection between a PC/Mac and the B&O audio system, conveniently provided by Apple Airtunes/Airport Express/iTunes. It's a wonderful thing, especially the access internet radio stations. Made even better with Apple's free Remote application for the iPod Touch/iPhone.

Still looking for a way to reduce the remote count from 2 to 1. Which is better, using the iPod Touch/iPhone as a remote for all your B&O A/V components in the house, along with lighting and heating control? Or, is there a way to access iTunes playlists and tracks elegantly on all your A/V equipment in your home using a Beo4 remote, as well as lighting and HVAC?

Just want to get rid of one or the other, and have it work reliably. Has anyone gotten everything to work using a single remote yet?

• 10-04-2009 6:33 AM In reply to

• Macus
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-14-2009
    • Kungälv, Sweden
    • Posts 25
    • Bronze Member

Re: Best All-In-One Integration Component for Apple-B&O Config?

The Apple TV now has a learning capability so you can use any infrared remote control you like.

Owner of a Beomaster 2400-2 and a pair of Beovox 1001 speakers. 

My other favourite brands are Apple, Philips and Infinity.

• 10-04-2009 3:30 PM In reply to

What I heard last time I asked this question, I was told that the Apple TV could not learn the B&O remote signals as they are using different frequencies, or something like that, if I recall correctly ... Can someone confirm or not? I also believe that I did indeed try it out, without success.

Jesper

• 10-04-2009 11:57 PM In reply to

That is correct. It won't learn the Beo4 signals directly.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-04-2009 11:59 PM In reply to

Check out the lintronik product .... I haven't used it but it does what you need. You just need a little technical background.

Personally I shelled out for a BV8 and while its not perfect I can sufficiently control my ATV through that.

Cheers

JK

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)