in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-12-2009 3:46 PM by masoodqureshi. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2009 5:22 PM

introduction of selfsome feed back on bv-3 crt tv

extremely pleased to be part of an elite group who love the good things in life vis-a-vis audio and video.

i am an av buff/freak my self and own an b&o mx-4000 tv and british made naim-audio hi-fi system x

the mx-4000 is a very basic 21" crt tv but what a performance...sound/picture x i now want to go in for bv-3 32" crt tv x i feel

its the greatest crt tv on earth,but at the same time would welcome your comments/advice  in respect of my choice.."two heads are definitely better than one" x

b.regards

mq

• 10-01-2009 6:27 PM In reply to

Re: introduction of selfsome feed back on bv-3 crt tv

It is good - same basic TV as an Avant - speakers are not quite as good but not bad at all. Thinking of one myself! Don't get the 28" - not the same thing at all!

• 10-02-2009 2:38 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

A very good TV.

I own one and it's fantastic !

The picture quality is outstanding, the sound is amazing for a TV, like a stereo sound system and all the features are great (Anti reflex screen, Dolby Digital module, motorised stand, Link...).

As Peter said, go for the 32".

The only problem is, like all the CRT now, the weight and size.

But if you don't like the flat screen picture and have enough space, go for it !

• 10-03-2009 12:39 PM In reply to

thank you stef x your remarks have helped me to finalise my decision--will go in for

bv-3 32" x i was never interested in 28" anyway x

kindly advise if i can use component video (rca) with scart (rgb) input on tv?

b.rgds

• 10-04-2009 4:40 PM In reply to

hi-

thanks for the comments,more so since they agree with my choice x i should soon be the proud owner of one...a legendary tv indeed x

kindly help me with following:

aa- is it possible to connect the following cable to BV-3 (32"):

RCA (SOURCE) VIDEO COMPONENT TO SCART-RGB X

bb- the tv already has a built-in dolby digital module and only beolab active speakers can be connected x is there any adapter that can

be used to connect other manufactures passive speakers? i dont think so,but no harm in having second opinion x

cc- the idea is to use the dd-module which is already there,otherwise i will use any good home-theater all-in-one systen..sony/yamaha/bose/onkyo or jamo x i can use the rca video plug iwith the rca input of camcorder,and the surround sound can

be taken care by the amp/receiver x

waiting for comments/clarifactions x

rgds

• 10-04-2009 4:49 PM In reply to

hi peter...

many thanks for your prompt advice x i was not interested in the 28" tv and all along was eyeing the 32" one x

since B&O have discontinued the manufacture of crt tvs,i am gettin bv-3 at a bargan price...brand new x it was imported in 2005 x

bv-3 was manufactured fron 2001-2006 x did all the tvs have exactly the same features since day-one or some modifications were made in the later models? i think RGB was added later x

b.rgds

• 10-11-2009 5:54 PM In reply to

Peter :

It is good - same basic TV as an Avant - speakers are not quite as good but not bad at all. Thinking of one myself! Don't get the 28" - not the same thing at all!

thank you peter for your advice x rgds

• 10-11-2009 5:59 PM In reply to

masoodqureshi:

hi-

thanks for the comments,more so since they agree with my choice x i should soon be the proud owner of one...a legendary tv indeed x

kindly help me with following:

aa- is it possible to connect the following cable to BV-3 (32"):

RCA (SOURCE) VIDEO COMPONENT TO SCART-RGB X

bb- the tv already has a built-in dolby digital module and only beolab active speakers can be connected x is there any adapter that can

be used to connect other manufactures passive speakers? i dont think so,but no harm in having second opinion x

cc- the idea is to use the dd-module which is already there,otherwise i will use any good home-theater all-in-one systen..sony/yamaha/bose/onkyo or jamo x i can use the rca video plug iwith the rca input of camcorder,and the surround sound can

be taken care by the amp/receiver x

waiting for comments/clarifactions x

rgds

peter,,,can you help me with above x rgda mq

• 10-12-2009 3:46 PM In reply to

Peter :

peter

can you kindly advise on the fo0llowing:

aa-can i use component video (rca) to scart (rgb)?

bb- my bv-3 (should be delivered within a copuple of weeks) already has a dd-surround module x this can only be used WITH B&O active speakers x is there any adapter that can enable one to use passive speakers of other brands?

your comments will be appreciated x

rgds

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)