in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-01-2009 7:16 AM by Hardwriter. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-30-2009 4:05 PM

Anyone controlling a Sony DVD/HDR via STB

Hi,

Just a quick question that someone out there may be able an kind enough to answer. I have a Sony RDR-HXD890 DVD/HDR connected to a BC6-26. I was thinking about having the STB list updated to control it but the latest Sony DVD/HDR controller code set is for the RDR-HX1010. Has anyone tried controlling a recent Sony DVD/HDR using the RDR-HX1010 codes? Are there any problems I should know about?

Any advice much appreciated,

Chris

• 10-01-2009 12:01 AM In reply to

Re: Anyone controlling a Sony DVD/HDR via STB

Chris,

I have a Sony RDR-HX715 connected to my BV-7 and I am able to control it partially using the RDR HX1010 codes. Some features, such as the

title lists of recorded programs and the TV Guide have to be activated using the original remote as these codes are not entered in the RDR HX1010 entry.

This is why I think B&O should release to the public the program they use to create PUC lists to allow advanced users to modify and even create their own entries. An IR receiver fitted with a USB connector should also be provided to allow the program to read codes from the original remote. The user will be then able to map these commands to Beo 4 or 5 keys.

Good luck,

Jean

• 10-01-2009 7:16 AM In reply to

Re: Anyone controlling a Sony DVD/HDR via STB

Jean,

Many thanks for the response. You are right about the PUC software - from the forum it seems there are gaps in a lot of the PUC lists that could be filled by enthusiastic customers!

Chris

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)