in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-11-2009 5:29 AM by raveny. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-27-2009 6:43 AM

BeoLab 5 don't work after linkroom setup

Hi,

I have a BV7 in my bedroom and after configuring it as a Link TV, my BL5s in the living room don't work anymore. All others speakers do... I restarted the BS3 and pull the plugs of the BL5 but nothing happens. Only red lights. Any idea? Thank you

• 09-27-2009 7:15 AM In reply to

• Opman
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-31-2007
    • Cheshire, UK
    • Posts 323
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoLab 5 don't work after linkroom setup

Have you tried unplugging the Masterlink cable from your BeoSystem3? That should show if the problem is related to the link system in anyway.

If the BeoLab5's don't work just off the BeoSystem3 it may be a coincidence that they stopped working when the link was added.

Opman

• 09-27-2009 7:29 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Maybe your BL5s have an option problem. What are they connected to? Usually - if connected to a Beovision or an audiomaster - they have L.OPT 0.

Hope this helps.

Stefan

• 09-27-2009 8:48 AM In reply to

Already unplugged Masterlink.

They are connected to the BS3 with a BV4. This is the main room. A BS9000 is also connected as Option 0. In the bedroom I have a BV7...

The other speakers BL3/10 are working, not the BL5. They are not listed in the loudspeakers menu. Calibration works

UPDATE:

Yes it was an Option problem. Thank you!! Didn't know that there's such an option for loudspeakers...

• 09-27-2009 9:25 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

BL5 is the only speaker with link options, because it`s the only one with an integrated IR receiver. So you can use them in a non Beosystem and control them via Beo4/5.

Stefan

• 10-10-2009 3:09 PM In reply to

These BL5 are little divas...

I had to move them because the floor was oil impregnated. Now I plugged them in and nothing. The LED goes green if I am in the sound menu but no signal noise. Switch back to CD or TV, LEDs are red. Replugged on BS3, L.OPT 0... what else can I do? Thank you

• 10-11-2009 5:03 AM In reply to

raveny:

These BL5 are little divas...

I had to move them because the floor was oil impregnated. Now I plugged them in and nothing. The LED goes green if I am in the sound menu but no signal noise. Switch back to CD or TV, LEDs are red. Replugged on BS3, L.OPT 0... what else can I do? Thank you

I can't remember the exact symptoms but there was a software issue with beosystem 3 and beolab 5's.  it may be worth having the software updated in the beosystem 3, i think the latest version is 6.11.

• 10-11-2009 5:05 AM In reply to

Another thought......if you have unplugged the speakers and re-plugged them in to beosystem 3, they will not always take the same position in the speaker allocation menu.  so you might find that if you re-allocate them in the menu and reset their roles, all will be fine.

• 10-11-2009 5:29 AM In reply to

this is crazy... I connected the BL5 with BV7 in the bedroom and it doesn't work also. BL9 work on the exact same PowerLink connection.

I tried to reallocate but when I'm in the sound setup menu the LED switchs to green but there's  no sound. I could identify which speaker is connected to which port but no sound only from my BL5 though the LEDs say it's on

All worked fine on Thursday. I just plugged them in yesterday and it's quiet. If it's a software bug why did it work two days ago?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)