in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-25-2010 7:48 PM by gary2002. 61 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2009 12:25 AM In reply to

Re: new masterlink

kokomo:

Cables?? Well that's forward looking isn't it? Everyone else is investing in increased wireless audio & video connectivity.

Not me !

I did invest in wireless - I have a mother ship and two satellites :-) and I am disappointed :-(

My experience (even after months of support from B&O [thank you Tony for your great help and patience]) is that my wireless will work perfectly some days for hours and then other days it will be intermittent and drop connection for 5 to 10 seconds, and sometimes not recover.

The wireless will absolutely fail every time the microwave in the kitchen is used, and that is not even in the line of sight!

[of course this could just be a terrible microwave, it certainly is not a B&O one]

It also seems to be weather related ! Recently we have been having rain and it has been failing more often

[I know, my brain is drawing lines between dots that dont exist]

And we are the second house away from a railway line, and lately when the electric trains go past *frizzle* there goes the wireless for 10 seconds.

So that is why I am thinking of moving to a wired house and why this potential announcement is of vital interest !

Ed-2

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-21-2009 1:09 AM In reply to

PhilLondon:

Isn't there a network socket on the latest BV7-40?

As part of the Blu-Ray support ... not sure what happens if you buy a new 7-40 sans Blu-Ray ...........

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-21-2009 2:40 AM In reply to

elephant:

So that is why I am thinking of moving to a wired house and why this potential announcement is of vital interest !

And the 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity will only get worse, not only because of microwave ovens. These are spread-spectrum communications, meaning that two unassociated devices, even on the same channel, will not directly bother each other - the foreign transmissions will just show as increased noise. However, as more and more people and devices start using it, the signal to noise margins get worse and worse and soon you will have connection troubles and reduced range, especially in urban areas. Which you can of course circumvent by wiring the antennae close to each other Wink

-mika

• 09-21-2009 3:02 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

"So that is why I am thinking of moving to a wired house and why this potential announcement is of vital interest !"

How fortunate to be in a position to be able to do this.

• 09-21-2009 3:19 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

elephant:

PhilLondon:

Isn't there a network socket on the latest BV7-40?

As part of the Blu-Ray support ... not sure what happens if you buy a new 7-40 sans Blu-Ray ...........

The BV7-40 mk IV without the Blu-Ray also have a network socket.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 09-21-2009 3:37 AM In reply to

BeoAffinity:

What kind of features can we expect from the new MasterLink? I would assume that there will be one channel for audio, video and control data. At the moment we have a complete clean up ongoing. So it would a good thing to know what kind of cable (hopefully standard Cat. x) and topology (star, bus, etc.) the new MasterLink needs.

Andy

PS: I think I have to change my Avatar ;-).

If you want to read more about the basics of the Beonet, see www.motama.com

• 09-21-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

Carolpa:
    www.motama.com

Oops... no advertising they said ;-)

I hope the Beomaster 5's ethernet socket will be compatible with Beonet.

• 09-21-2009 4:53 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

right now its office hours and dealers will be back in there shops lets try and find out as much as we can about this very interesting topic.

i expect this thread will take off with loads of info in the next few hours.

(well hoping anyway)

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-21-2009 6:17 AM In reply to

• RobN
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Gold Member

Very excited about the possibility of linking my B&O kit to other manufacturers devices perhaps even Apple Yes -  thumbs up

Those "in the know" please keep us all updated, thanks...

Best

Rob

BV7-32, BL8000, BL2, BL6000, Humax, AppleTV3, MX4200, V8000, Humax, BS3200, BL6000, BL4000, BeoPort, MacMini+DACmagic 

• 09-21-2009 6:28 AM In reply to

Carolpa:

BeoAffinity:

What kind of features can we expect from the new MasterLink? I would assume that there will be one channel for audio, video and control data. At the moment we have a complete clean up ongoing. So it would a good thing to know what kind of cable (hopefully standard Cat. x) and topology (star, bus, etc.) the new MasterLink needs.

Andy

PS: I think I have to change my Avatar ;-).

If you want to read more about the basics of the Beonet, see www.motama.com

More specific: http://www.motama.com/index.php?id=press&n=13

The race for quality has no finish line- so technically, it's more like a death march.

• 09-21-2009 6:42 AM In reply to

kokomo:

"So that is why I am thinking of moving to a wired house and why this potential announcement is of vital interest !"

How fortunate to be in a position to be able to do this.

Sorry I did not mean "move" as in relocate homes ... I meant move from wireless to running cables through my walls ... not so fortunate :-( but at least my house is so old that it has hollow walls ... so just a lot of dusty work :-)

• 09-21-2009 8:01 AM In reply to

• Seanie_230
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-20-2007
    • Milton Keynes, England
    • Posts 962
    • Gold Member

i hear that its only a replacment connector and will give no more functionality

Beovision 7 MKIV (Blu Ray)
    Beolab 9

Beolab 6000
    Beo 4
    Beocenter 9300
    Apple TV
    SKY HD
    Optoma HD65 Projector
    Lintronic TT455-RT-238
    Beovision 3 MKII

• 09-21-2009 11:06 AM In reply to

I believe that B&O intends to use an ethernet network for future distribution of video. The outdated video link is not capable of handling high def video. B&O has already announced in a dealer newsletter that future tvs will be capable of playing back high def video content distributed via a network hard drive source. This just makes sense for this to become their new standard.

• 09-22-2009 3:54 AM In reply to

• js
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-07-2007
    • Brussels
    • Posts 208
    • Silver Member

Santiago:

the new Beolink-Digital, also named "BeoNet", will use standard RJ45 connectors together with Ethernet CAT 7 / Class F wires.

Santiago, I just completely re-wired my house with CAT 6: shall I need to re-do all the work and have CAT 7 installed in order to use BeoNet, or will it work with CAT 6?

Thank you for letting me know. Kind regards, js

• 09-22-2009 7:58 AM In reply to

js:

Santiago:

the new Beolink-Digital, also named "BeoNet", will use standard RJ45 connectors together with Ethernet CAT 7 / Class F wires.

Santiago, I just completely re-wired my house with CAT 6: shall I need to re-do all the work and have CAT 7 installed in order to use BeoNet, or will it work with CAT 6?

Thank you for letting me know. Kind regards, js

Hi Js,

sorry but I have no idea about all the BeoNet technical details (All info I gave you came from my dealer) anyway the BeoNet system is still in development phase! so it could change... we must wait and see.

Logical thinking: because the main difference between CAT6 and CAT7 is about shielding, everything will depends on what you want to link: for linking analog stereo music I can imagine that CAT6 could be more than enough, but for linking Full-Hi-Def video many meters long, maybe CAT7 is needed to avoid any troubles; in addition, if you want to link hi-def-video simultaneously crossed between two rooms, then you could need even two ethernet cables... who knows !!

Kind regards

Santiago

• 09-22-2009 8:52 AM In reply to

It will all depend on the distance. If you look at the ratings, the distance capabilities are fairly significant and probably far more than most would require in an average home. Now this is no guarantee (and we may well learn more details) but Cat6 should probably work. I'd definitely wait on any renovations before you've tested it! 

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 11-05-2009 9:45 AM In reply to

Cat7/Class F Nyt installation koncept, ny infrastruktur 
        håndbogen fra Bang & Olufsen kan du nu download.

Download pdf  file.

http://peecee.dk/upload/view/201423

Mvh. Peter Pan

http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/311.aspx

• 11-05-2009 12:09 PM In reply to

The new BV10 also has USB and Ethernet sockets at the back..Wink

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 11-10-2009 8:33 PM In reply to

• BeoNut1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-19-2007
    • Mobile, AL (USA)
    • Posts 226
    • Bronze Member

A question for the group:

Do you guys anticipate that the new BV-10 and the BV-7 55" will come with the necessary hardware to allow for future compatibility with this BeoNet?

Mark

Mark D
  • 11-11-2009 7:59 AM In reply to

• petz
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-30-2007
    • Posts 47
    • Bronze Member

Bad for me. We moved in our new house 5 months ago with ML wiring !!! Fortunately Ethernet as well. Don't know which one but'Ill find out tonight.

Could have saved money here......

• 11-11-2009 8:05 AM In reply to

Not so bad news... It looks like the Ethernet wiring cannot be shared with normal IP traffic anyway...

• 11-11-2009 3:10 PM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

from my point of view it is just the old ML concept with Cat7 wiring and a central "junction box". Nothing else, nothing exciting.

Karsten

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 11-11-2009 3:43 PM In reply to

The new BeoLink-Digital, also known as the "BeoNet" will use standard RJ45 connectors, with Ethernet CAT 7 / Class F loop. It would distribute video and audio in analog and digital modes simultaneously with multi-sources in multi-room. BeoNet will allow the 1,000 meters in length Ethernet link wires and up to 300 meters for the Power Link cords. BeoNet allow open linkages with other non B & O network and domotic systems.

It is of course fully retro-compatible with the current Master Link-based equipment.

It is common sense to be this new B & O standard.

CAT-7 has now been ratified for STP (shielded twisted pair) cables with a bandwidth to handle Full HD video and analog / digital audio and high-speed broadband Internet connection, so it is likely that many of the existing systems will converge to this default.

For new installations, the benefits are enormous - Cord category offers reduced wiring, terminatation easy and simple integration with other products, including CCTV, internet, security, etc. The key to acceptance of the new system for existing Beo owners are expected to be a question about how easy (and expensive!) it will be adding the necessary to convert an existing Master Link system.

Most in the industry have worked with a question on this for some time now, with the result that you will soon begin to see a range of solutions for connecting new products from independent suppliers, the B & O Master Link is already in your home.

This is an exciting time for the B & O, since there is now potential for their products really can be integrated with other systems in a modern "high-end homes, and become the center of the product that makes the other" high-tech gadgets " useful in A / V system.

Greetings Peter Pan. Translated from Danish by Google

• 12-29-2009 12:19 PM In reply to

you are right Peter, BeoNet Cat7 cabling solutions will bring many benefits for people with B&O ML connected systems in their homes, are B&O still using Motama middleware ( NMM ) software to do this in 2010 ??

http://www.motama.com/nmm.html

and the UPnP AV server

http://www.motama.com/upnpav.html

• 12-29-2009 12:46 PM In reply to

Yes, I think. In 2007 started Motama and Bang & Olufsen a development cooperation BeoNet.

http://www.motama.com/press/PR_Bang_Olufsen_Motama_engl_20070828.pdf

Greetings Peter Pan

Page 2 of 3 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >