in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-18-2011 7:32 AM by XavierItzmann. 87 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2010 10:05 AM In reply to

Re: Beotime Review

haralampos:

It's "Made in China"

Hello, I'm generally pleased with our BeoTime, so that its place of manufacture is objectively irrelevant.  Nonetheless, as noted in one of my posts above, the entirety of the user-visible materials that compose it as well as package it are rather vague on the matter.

What is your source?

• 08-27-2010 11:51 AM In reply to

XavierItzmann:

haralampos:

It's "Made in China"

Hello, I'm generally pleased with our BeoTime, so that its place of manufacture is objectively irrelevant.  Nonetheless, as noted in one of my posts above, the entirety of the user-visible materials that compose it as well as package it are rather vague on the matter.

What is your source?

I wouldn't bother on that Xavieritzmann… It is his first post….if you know what i mean...Wink

-Dimitris

• 08-28-2010 5:15 AM In reply to

My source for "Made in China" was the Beo retailer in Stockholm, whom I asked in May. He checked this on a package. When I bought my own Beotime yesterday, however, on the package it was printed "Country of origin: Malaysia".

On the matter of relevance: I just replyed to somebody's question. And for some people this is relevant information, for others not.

Haralampos

• 08-28-2010 5:19 AM In reply to

i don't care were it was made....it's a fantatic product!Smile

• 08-28-2010 5:22 AM In reply to

So what does Dr Dimitris mean? First post or not, information is information. My post was just a simple reply to a questions posed by another member as I happened to know.

• 08-28-2010 6:15 AM In reply to

Normally when someone enters Beoworld, posts a question that bothers him on his beloved B&O product, or contributes on one of the forum threads. It is curious for me that your first post was : 'It is Made in China) on a Beotime review thread.

Either way welcome to Beoworld.

-Dimitris

• 08-28-2010 7:50 AM In reply to

All contributions are very welcome whether you have 1 or10,000 posts. Some of our most informative posters contribute only rarely but the site would be a poorer place without them. This site has never been plagued by trollish behaviour which seems to be a feature of many sites.

I like my BeoTime and note is becoming more sensitive with time! It now lights up if I place my glass on the same table! Totally useless as a remote but a delight to look at and an unusual clock! I echo the sentiment of welcome to BeoWorld.

• 08-28-2010 8:32 AM In reply to

haralampos:
    When I bought my own Beotime yesterday, however, on the package it was printed "Country of origin: Malaysia"

This is interesting information.  Mine came in a brown box and if I recall correctly was shipped from Czechia or Denmark to my U.S. address; as I recounted before, the packaging and device was curiously devoid of origin information.  This is for me a clue that the thing is assembled anywhere but Denmark.

Now, you purchased yours in Sweden, and the origin information was present.

Reminds me of a story:  the Bentley Continental, made by a Volkswagen subsidiary, was for a few years assembled in two locations:

• Crewe, England
    • Dresden, Germany
    Well, the company made darned sure any cars shipped to the United States came exclusively from the English factory.  They did not want their U.S. customers to realize their car was based on a VW platform to the point where it was produced at a VW plant.

• 10-06-2010 9:35 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

My Beotime does NOT show any message when the battery is getting low.

I've just found out as it didn't play an alarm, or stops the alarm with a ugly noise while getting louder...

There was NO message in the display :-(

After replacing the batteries, everything's fine again. Seems to be a real fault from B&O not to implement the battery indicator correctly!

• 10-06-2010 10:09 AM In reply to

I am still on my first set of batteries that were installed when I purchased the Beotime shortly after it became available. I am very curious what will happen with mine when the batteries fail as the instructions say there will be a warning a week in advance but yours did nothing.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 11-17-2011 4:07 PM In reply to

• Nio
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-01-2011
    • Posts 61
    • Bronze Member

My first set of Battires lastet 1h, then it went black ... the second one was a recharchable one and after 30 minutes ( i guess they were already emtpy) it said low battery. I have my third set in now ... duracel M3 plus ... wish me luck.

the motion sensor is not very sensitive ... i have to smash the unit really hard to light up ... but sometimes i just need to just look angry at it ... very strange.

• 11-17-2011 10:23 PM In reply to

• mjmedlo
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 06-07-2008
    • Arkansas, USA
    • Posts 384
    • Bronze Member

Mine batteries went out some time back.

The only thing I noticed was the alarm was weak and ultimately quit making any noise.

I'm ready for something new that I actually want to buy!

• 11-18-2011 7:32 AM In reply to

I think it is clear some advise you and some just die without warning.

Mine was one of the very first sold in the U.S.

It could be the software on mine is an early version.

Page 4 of 4 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4