in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-16-2009 2:47 PM by Beolab1. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-13-2009 12:28 PM

How to remove back of Beovision 7?

How do I remove the black back of a Beovision 7?

I am trying to replace the contrast screen, and need to remove the back first.

Is a special tool needed to unclip the back?

• 09-13-2009 1:14 PM In reply to

Re: How to remove back of Beovision 7?

You need some Torx screwdrivers - T10 and T20.There are 5 screws holding on the back which need to be removed (7-32) and then 4 holding the screen on. The screen is removed by lifting and then pulling forward. 

The service manual is on site but you need to be a silver or gold member.

• 09-13-2009 1:57 PM In reply to

I understand that I need to remove the back, to get to the 4 screws holding the contrast screen in place. I have a diagram showing the positions of parts, but it is not of much use to me.

I managed to remove the 5 x T10 screws off the back - but I still can't get the back off. Do I need to apply force to remove it? Should it be pushed in a direction before being listed off? Are there clips somewhere? Do I need a special tool to lift the back off / undo clips (if present)?

Thanks!

• 09-13-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

It says start at the bottom!

• 09-14-2009 4:50 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

What happened to the contrast screen?

• 09-14-2009 9:04 AM In reply to

The anti-reflex coating came off (in patches, in one corner) due to enthusiastic cleaning Whistle - so I'm now replacing the contrast screen.

• 09-14-2009 9:27 PM In reply to

rnorskov:

The anti-reflex coating came off (in patches, in one corner) due to enthusiastic cleaning Whistle - so I'm now replacing the contrast screen.

I want to replace mine as well.

Do you know what the price of a new BV7-40 contrast screen is? Or can it be replaced under warranty?

I wanted to clean some fingerprints and a piece of the coating came off. (I used a dry cloth)

The anti-reflex coating came off on the left corner at the bottom.

• 09-15-2009 6:03 AM In reply to

The contrast screen for BV7-40 is £683.  You might be able to get it replaced under warranty - I was not.

I found that normal window cleaner always left a thin film / smear on the screen - perhaps due to additives (e.g. anti-mist) in the window cleaner - so I ended up polishing forever with disastrous results.  I now use Auto Glym Fast Glass - it just works.

• 09-15-2009 6:04 AM In reply to

Peter :

It says start at the bottom!

Thanks - it just needed a bit of muscle :-)

• 09-16-2009 2:47 PM In reply to

• Beolab1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-04-2007
    • Hong Kong
    • Posts 232
    • Gold Member

Had the same issue, the dealer replaced the screen free of charge under warranty.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)