in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-11-2009 5:15 PM by Stan. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2009 2:14 PM

Can't transfer music to BM5 if BS5 in standby?

I discovered something new today and that is that I could not transfer some music from iTunes (via my Mac) to the BM5 using Beoconnect as I kept being told " unable to connect check IP address" etc etc. My wife was watching TV (BV7) so carefully interrupting her favourite soap I fired up the BS5 and suddenly I got a connection. And just as quickly got told to switch that "thing" off. Which of course I did! So am I correct in thinking the BS5 has to be on before anything can be transferred to the BM5? Hope not as thats pretty inconvenient.

Rgds

Gary

• 09-10-2009 4:00 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Re: Can't transfer music to BM5 if BS5 in standby?

When your BM5/BS5 is in standby mode, connect your mac manually to BM5 by pressing the connect button on Beoconnect. Maybe Beoconnect will need more than one try to connect. BM5s standby light will switch from red to green, BS5 will stay in standby mode. Now it should be possible to transfer music. When your BM5/BS5 is activated and you start your mac Beoconnect should be automatically connected to BM5.

Hope this helps

Stefan

• 09-11-2009 2:09 PM In reply to

Stefan, thanks for your response. My BM5 is built into a tight fitting cupboard but I can see a red glow at the rear which I assume is the standby light. This evening I have tried to 'Connect' via the Bepconnect on my iMac about a dozen times but each time I get an 'Alert' warning saying check IP address, network, etc. If I go to the BS5 and activate it I get a connection straight away. This is really annoying as I loaded up 8 cd's last night and I can only transfer them when the TV is not being watched!! Will pop into my dealer tomorrow to see what they recommend.

Gary

• 09-11-2009 3:21 PM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

Yes the red glow must be the standby light. I remember that I changed the network settings from DHCP to a fixed IP address. My BM5 is connected to an airport station via ethernet cable. I just checked once more: First time I press Connect, my BM5 starts up (green light), Beoconnect displays "....check IP address....", second time same result, third time successfully connected. I think it`s during the start up time the client can`t be connected.

Anyway it should be possible to start BS5, connect to client and switch to TV. If a client is connected to BS5, BM5 should NOT switch back to standby.

Now it`s possible to transfer music and watch TV at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Stefan

• 09-11-2009 5:15 PM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Are you using a wireless USB thingy?  I seem to recall something about the network not working while the BM5 was in standby (or maybe it was the BM5 would not go into standby if using the wireless "option").  Anyway, this jogged a vague memory...

Stan

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)