in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-10-2009 8:50 AM by Dave Moulton. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-09-2009 8:59 AM

Sausalito Audio

Just visited the following website and found that they will launch speaker systems with Acoustic Lens Technology in 2009.  It sounds interesting to me since they adopted the same technology used in B&O top range speakers.  Since we have about 4 months left in 2009, not sure if anyone in this site has heard about anything on their upcoming products. Smile

http://www.sausalitoaudio.com/

Filed under:
  • 09-09-2009 9:38 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Re: Sausalito Audio

Well B&O basically lease the ALT technology from Sausalito Audio which was founded by our own Dave Moulton.  Maybe he can share something about his new product.

-Michael

• 09-09-2009 9:48 AM In reply to

This sounds VERY exciting!

Looking forward to what Dave might be able to "leak!" Big Smile

• B&o bottle opener
  • 09-09-2009 1:54 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Michael:

Well B&O basically lease the ALT technology from Sausalito Audio which was founded by our own Dave Moulton.  

Didn't realise he was in "Fame" too (I'm gonna live forever.........)etc.

You learn something new every day!Whistle

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-09-2009 2:56 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Puncher:

Puncher,

Are you referring to Moulton going to Juilliard or did I inadvertantly make a joke?Confused  My Fame trivia isn't what it used to be, but given the correlation between humor and intellegence I would never be caught questioning one of your commentsBig Smile

-Michael

• 09-09-2009 3:08 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Michael:

Puncher:

Puncher,

Are you referring to Moulton going to Juilliard or did I inadvertantly make a joke?Confused  My Fame trivia isn't what it used to be, but given the correlation between humor and intellegence I would never be caught questioning one of your commentsBig Smile

You are absolutely correct - it was I who inadvertantly attempted to make a joke!Laughing

(I'm not sure if the rest of your post is a put down or a compliment)!Laughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-09-2009 3:18 PM In reply to

• Sal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-30-2007
    • Indianapolis, USA
    • Posts 261
    • Bronze Member

beancounter:

Just visited the following website and found that they will launch speaker systems with Acoustic Lens Technology in 2009.  It sounds interesting to me since they adopted the same technology used in B&O top range speakers.  Since we have about 4 months left in 2009, not sure if anyone in this site has heard about anything on their upcoming products. Smile

http://www.sausalitoaudio.com/

Dave Moulton and Manny LaCarrubba of SAW (Sausalito Audio Works) invented ALT, B&O refined it and released it. I also can't wait for their product(s). Sal
    Love B&O, but no longer addicted.
  • 09-09-2009 4:26 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Puncher:
    (I'm not sure if the rest of your post is a put down or a compliment)!Laughing

I think you're funny enough to figure that one out Puncher. Stick out tongue

-Michael

• 09-09-2009 5:00 PM In reply to

• Ennet
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-09-2009
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

Interesting, from the Sausalito Audio webpage (under Company Overview):

"While SAW recently sold the ALT patents to Bang & Olufsen, Sausalito Audio, our new manufacturing and product development company, has retained the rights to develop certain products with ALT for a burgeoning architectural audio market."

I was not aware that B&O had acquired the patents for ALT from Sausalito Audio Works. Does anyone know when that happened?

The web page further says that Sausalito Audio will work on "development of architectural (in-wall and in-ceiling) audio systems for custom residential installation", so it doesn't sound (no pun intended!) like they'll compete with B&O head to head.

Mattias

• 09-09-2009 9:34 PM In reply to

Interesting thread!

Ennet has it mostly right.  

We almost certainly WON'T get our new products to market in 2009, but we believe we have a breathtaking line of in-wall and in-ceiling products (using ALT) for which the prototypes are fabulous.  Development continues, as we try to figure out how to do all of this.  

Anyway, thanks for thinking of us.  What we're doing doesn't compete with B&O but complements it.  

Best regards,

Dave

Dave Sausalito Audio LLC
  • 09-10-2009 7:53 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Can't wait to see/hear about it Dave.  Thanks for dropping by, it's always good to hear from you. Smile

-Michael

• 09-10-2009 8:50 AM In reply to

My pleasure, as always.  

Best regards,

Dave Moulton

Dave Sausalito Audio LLC
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)