in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-27-2009 6:43 AM by deaddruid. 29 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-20-2009 4:12 AM In reply to

Re: MasterLink ML specification, protocol, etc.

Thanks to the schematics and from an electrical point of view, ML looks very much  as RS-485.

Bidirectional asynchronous data transmission on a single balanced wire.

But I don't know if the level are compatible ?

If so it will be interesting to connect ML to a PC with a RS-485 to RS232 translator.

• 09-20-2009 4:32 AM In reply to

dgillier:

Thanks to the schematics and from an electrical point of view, ML looks very much  as RS-485.

Bidirectional asynchronous data transmission on a single balanced wire.

But I don't know if the level are compatible ?

Seeing that the masterlink connector has as a first thing that network of LL4488 diodes as an overvoltage protection, the actual data levels cannot be much more than +/- 500 mV. All common-mode voltages greater of about 1.2V will be shunted to ground and differential levels are limited there as well. I guess the levels need to be kept low to minimize crosstalk into the audio lines, so it might even be much less than this.

This is far from the several volt levels an RS-485 transmitter usually operates, but a (non-terminated) RS-485/422 receiver might be able to read it.

-mika

• 10-30-2009 3:18 AM In reply to

Finally, after three weeks I got the BeoLink Passive back with software 1.6. Unfortunately, I had no time to check the behaviour outright. I hope to have some time this weekend to check whether light commands from the Beo4 will pass the BeoLink passive now.

Andy

• 11-03-2009 2:32 PM In reply to

Great! Many thanks to beojeff for the BeoLink Passive hint. After enabling ML via
    /MENU/ /0/ /5/ /GO/
    /STEP UP/
    /GO/
    It does work. The light commands do get trough. So this is an easy way to analyse these commands with a home automation system for controlling light, rolling shutter, etc.

Andy

• 11-27-2009 6:43 AM In reply to

• deaddruid
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Malvern, Worcestershire
    • Posts 247
    • Founder

Herwin,

I've tried to take a copy of your kpc2 repository, but can't easily access the files. The web cvs interface shows the files, but the Summary Page does not have the usual Big Green Button, and the Files page shows nothing.

I've tried using the suggested CVS command:

$ cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@kpc2.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/kpc2 login

Logging in to :pserver:anonymous@kpc2.cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/kpc2
      CVS password:
      cvs [login aborted]: connect to kpc2.cvs.sourceforge.net(216.34.181.110):2401 failed: Connection refused
      $

For password, I just pressed carriage return. This all suggests that the repository has moved, or that I'm doing the wrong thing.

Help!

Mark

Page 2 of 2 (30 items) < Previous 1 2