in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-09-2009 10:00 AM by markiedee. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-08-2009 3:32 PM

what goes into bang-olufsen' 100hz processing compared to other brands?

hi everyone i have always been in awe at watching bang-olufsen tvs and have always been impressed at how they make there pictures stand out from the competition. i think the only other brand that i can compare a similarity to is philips although there is that extra sparkle shining through with the b&0.

i had a demo once when the bv7-40 came out and watched xmen on the inbuilt dvd and was amazed at how sharp and noise free the image was and the incredible motion detail, it left my jaw wide open and to this very day i haven't seen a tv that can compare since and at the time i saw that was when the bv7 was 50hz.

what brings me to this topic is that i saw the new bv7 with the 100hz feature displaying the borne supremacy normal dvd and the way the tv tracked the motion was nothing short of breath taking. everything remained stable and super sharp the motion didn't slip for a minute and it was one of those experiences that left a lasting impression with me. now i have seen the new bv8-40 and was stunned from the images that this tv produced also. i will admit that i did see some motion blur and some distortion hear and there and the sd pictures weren't the best but the overall image bettered alot of tvs that i have seen that have 100hz processing to.

now i no the the bv7 incorperates the bs3 and visionclear technologies but i would like to no if the bv8-40 contains any more features aswell as just the 100hz? the tv i own at the moment is one of philips new 47 inch lcds which has a very impressive picture also and reminds me a bit like a b&0 when it comes to displaying motion on certain films. i can't describe its a surreal effect some people are put off buy it but i happen to like smooth motion and just wondered if anybody could shed any light or infomation on want kind of processors b&0 use especially in the bv8-40 as i have been considering this tv. thanks in advance.

• 09-08-2009 5:12 PM In reply to

Re: what goes into bang-olufsen' 100hz processing compared to other brands?

Tricky to say as B&O obviously play their cards close to their chests, but the video processor is Pearlworks PW328B. Supposed to be a good one so I suppose decent components have something to do with it. The Avant was always supposed to have the best CRT picture for a 32" widescreen.

• 09-08-2009 6:09 PM In reply to

is the pearlworks processor in the bv8-40? and do you no what elements of this processor works to give the tv that b&0 picture. a friend of mine had a avant and the cd player with the sliding doors and i was amazed at the picture that i was seeing off his tv. one thing that stood out to me was when the tv swivelled into position  and the electronic curtains revealing a picture. i thought that was so cool and i would admit after watching his tv the images that i was seeing on tv after that was pretty dire in comparison as the pictures didn't look as good as it did on his. i no that the avants had 100hz processing amongst other picture enhancement technology.

• 09-08-2009 7:10 PM In reply to

Could it be Pixelwork instead of Pearlwork?  If I use the number you named, I can only find Pixelwork as the design firm. (http://www.pixelworks.com/#about_us)

• 09-08-2009 7:25 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Harry2008:

Could it be Pixelwork instead of Pearlwork?  If I use the number you named, I can only find Pixelwork as the design firm. (http://www.pixelworks.com/#about_us)

Yes.

-Michael

• 09-08-2009 7:33 PM In reply to

• Beolab
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-18-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 535
    • Bronze Member

Yes it is PixelWorks not PearlWorks =)

And it´s not just the extreme videoengine who do the job! B&O have their own picture algoritm also.. Every brand has their own picture algoritm, and B&O uses a algoritm that are in between Philips and Samsung in harshness and "camcoder motion effect"..

Regards

BL8000 MkII Black

• 09-09-2009 4:25 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

"i had a demo once when the bv7-40 came out and watched xmen on the inbuilt dvd and was amazed at how sharp and noise free the image was and the incredible motion detail, it left my jaw wide open and to this very day i haven't seen a tv that can compare since and at the time i saw that was when the bv7 was 50hz."

This is not a criticism of you Markiedee, but as a general comment, it's amazing how many people buy a particular TV on the basis of a demo from a DVD playing on the set. Even those people who rarely watch a DVD, don't view the set displaying the picture from the source they will be watching the vast majority of the time. Often they are disappointed and want to know why it isn't as good as it was in the shop!

• 09-09-2009 10:00 AM In reply to

hi kokomo when i brought my tv i did alot of research because one of my main sources of tv is analogue. i had seen alot of tvs which looked pretty poor when it came to handling sd before deciding on getting the tv that i have now. alot of other places choose to play hd as thats a good way of enticing people. i have a philips tv at the moment that gives a surprisingly good picture with all sources especially with sd but i have always seen something a little bit different with b&0 when it comes to picture quality being the reason why i wanted to no what went into there picture processing.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)