in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-10-2007 4:21 PM by fridsten. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2007 4:27 AM

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Forum suggestions

Since there's no subforum for suggestions on how to improve the forum, I simply start a thread here. Wink

When viewing the list of  threads, I'd like to see who started it. You can see who posted the last reply, but sometimes it's interesting to see who the creator is before you decide whether to view it or not.

For example:

Forum suggestions

Created by fridsten - Last reply by fridsten

Any opinions on this?

• 06-08-2007 4:32 AM In reply to

• Christian
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 626
    • Bronze Member

Re: Forum suggestions

I agree with fridsten, I would be nice to see who started the topic.

Living room: BV7-40 mkIV + V8000, BL5, BL3, BM1 and BS9000. Bedroom: MX3000 and BL4500 on MCL2-AV. Around: PentaIII, CX100 and MCX35 on ML/MCL + MCL2-A, BeoPort and BL4 on ML, BS3300 + M75 as stand alone, BC6000 + BC600 and BT1100, LC1, LC2, Beo4, Beo5 and BL1000, BS2 and A8, EarSet2, Apron, Coffee mugs, Enamel Bagdes, Bath towel, Keyring, Books, Lots of miniature and the Bottle opener. Office: BC2300 + BL2500 and BS3. Summer house: BS Century.

Addicted? Oh no.... ;)

• 06-08-2007 4:56 AM In reply to

I am also for this idea, although not essential. I think we had this on the old BeoWorld.
  • 06-08-2007 9:37 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

It would be usefull if not only the replies were counted on the forum site, but also the number of times a thread was read, like the old forum did. This was a fine way to find out if a thread was interesting or not.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-08-2007 1:03 PM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

I actually prefered the old forum when it was working, sorry to say so.

What I miss most is still the "return current to forum" link in the bottom of each thread.

• 06-08-2007 1:08 PM In reply to

• ®
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 970
    • Founder

Toubro:

I actually prefered the old forum when it was working, sorry to say so.

Me too.
  • 06-08-2007 2:34 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Is Van still about, Lee?
    When viewing "Post you have not read" I would like to see which forum it is in.
    Often I'll click on something like "Beotalk 1200" only to find it's in flippin' Dutch or French.Angry

Also a  clickable button to "oldest post on this thread that you have not viewed"
    Now that the hullabaloo of the first prize draw is over, is there any chance you could start working on these things?Huh?
    Oh, and while I'm picking on you--- Anything happening with the Struer photo's?

P.S. Still love ya to bitzBig Smile

Anonymous

Poor me, never win owt!

• 06-08-2007 6:04 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Lets not overrun Lee and his team with requests. If you consider that the site was launched only 2 months ago and has not been down one single time since, that's a huge progression from the old forum to this one. I think they know as well that there are improvements to be made, but we are in no hurry.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-09-2007 6:33 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

jandyt:

Also a  clickable button to "oldest post on this thread that you have not viewed"

Yeah, I miss that too. I always used that on the old forum.

• 06-09-2007 6:58 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

No, lets keep your issues coming in! They are all ideas to push the site forward.

However - please, please, please remember that Community Server is an "off the shelf" program designed by Telligent, and not Firebrand.  It's like going into you local high street menswear shop, buying a pair of trousers off the rack and then asking the assistant to take 2cm off the length, change the pockets, bring the waist in 3cm and then dye them a different colour.  It's may all be possible - but it costs extra as they will have to custom-write it for us.

There are plenty of features that are superior to the old forum, but yes - there are some that are inferior.  The new forum is a hell of a lot more reliable for a start!

I will of course take on board as many of these things as i can and present them to Van, who also wants the very best for the site - and we will see what we can do! Keep the suggestions coming.

At this moment in time though, i may be a little less active on the forums due to commitments at LifeStyle AV.  I spent almost 6 months unpaid doing BeoWorld, and neglecting LifeStyle - and seeing as LifeStyle is (heavily) financially supporting BeoWorld at the moment - i need to be there earning money!  I too have a mortgage and bills like everyone else. Sad

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 06-09-2007 7:08 AM In reply to

post removed because i was talking rubbish Embarrassed

Never Mind The Ball-Cocks www.markmossplumbing.co.uk

A labourer uses his hands
    A tradesman uses his hands and his head
    A craftsman uses his hands, his head and his heart

• 06-09-2007 12:20 PM In reply to

• andyp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Peak District, UK
    • Posts 57
    • Bronze Member

I too am reluctant to say that I preferred the old forum, and by quite a considerable way. I've been thinking why this is to validate my response to this thread and I believe its down to a lack of a 'community feel'. By this, I mean its great to see who is on which forum, and on a particular thread at any one time. Also, original poster would be good too.Navigation needs some updating, including go to last response, and return to forum / head of thread / etc at the base of each thread; really annoying having to scroll upwards!Don't want to sound too negative, because there has been some great improvements too, especially the stability!/A
  • 06-09-2007 6:32 PM In reply to

Agree in some ways - the HOME key does get you to the top though - program a button on your mouse!! Laughing I have!
  • 06-10-2007 3:01 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

haha I never thought of that Peter, I don't think I have ever used the home other than in textdocuments :o)

Nice tip.

• 06-10-2007 4:37 AM In reply to

Reference
    Filed under:
  • 06-10-2007 8:29 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

............ or view "newest to oldest" - selectable at the top of the post. All the latest stuff is then at the top of the page rather than at the bottom.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-10-2007 4:21 PM In reply to

• fridsten
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 167
    • Founder

Peter:
    Agree in some ways - the HOME key does get you to the top though - program a button on your mouse!! Laughing I have!

I use that quite a lot, actually. Keyboard shortcuts are a must when working professionally with the Intarweb. Wink

I also use Backspace and the Alt key combined with the left and right arrow keys to go back and forward quickly.

But then again, I am an Intarweb professional. Laughing

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)