in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-07-2009 12:12 AM by jvezina. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-07-2009 12:12 AM

The new Blu-Ray player for the BV-7 cannot read any media files

As promised sometimes ago, I tested the new Blu-Ray player with CDs and DVDs containing MP3, JPEG and various MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DIVX, Xvid files that were successfully read by the DVD player of the BV-7 MK III.

As an experiment, I also tried reading high definition MKV and MOV files either at 720p and 1080p resolution.

Unfortunately, the new Blu-Ray player is simply unable to read any of these files. In fact, it simply cannot read CDs and DVDs having a data directory structure (Joliet), unlike the previous DVD player.

My dealer kindly sent my request to B&O add this feature in a future firmware upgrade. But he also insisted that if I am alone to make that request, B&O will not likely does it.

So, I am asking to the dealers that are on this forum to put pressure on B&O to add this important feature.

So, what I am asking is:

1- Backwards compatibility with the former DVD player:

The files that it was able to read are:

Audio files: MP3, WMA files without DRM.

Image files: JPEG

Video files: files with the extensions .avi and .mpg using either MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Divx and Xvid codecs. 

The former DVD player was able to read all these files without any problems. 

2- The ability to read the following high definition file formats:

a) MKV using either MPEG-2 or H.264 codecs.

b) MOV using H.264 codec and PCM or AAC audio tracks.

c) JPEG rescaled to 1080 pixels vertical resolution. The former DVD player, being not HD, rescaled the images to a vertical resolution of 480 pixels.

For my own purposes, I don't need any other formats. 

3- For commercial Blu-Ray discs, add decoding of DTS-HD and send the decoded audio stream to the Beosystem 3 in PCM format.

It is clear that if these features are not added, I will not upgrade the player on my TV.

Thanks in advance,

Jean

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)