in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-02-2011 3:26 AM by Ypeij00. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2009 8:57 AM

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Logitech Harmony Playstation 3 Adapter: Can anybody make a Beo 5 file out of the Pronto Hex file?

Hi,

as the guys over at remotecentral.com already made a CCF (with raw Pronto Hex codes) file with all 51 codes for the Logitech Harmony Playstation 3 adapter; I'm asking myself if anybody here can make a XML file for the Beo 5 remote out of it?

That would be simply great as I have actualy no knowhow on this procedure.

Here you get the file:

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=devices&br=logitech&dv=ps3adapter&md=harmonyadapterforplaystation3&pg=1&file=ccf_templates/game/log-ps3-harmony.zip

The Logitech Harmony adapter has the big plus that it does NOT need any visible contact to the PS3 as it translates from Ir to Bluetooth for the Playstation 3.
    A very good solution but I don't want to buy a Harmony remote, too :-)

Thank you

• 09-05-2009 10:46 AM In reply to

Re: Logitech Harmony Playstation 3 Adapter: Can anybody make a Beo 5 file out of the Pronto Hex file?

I have converted the Logitech Harmony PS3 Adapter Pronto codes for you into a Beo5 XML file including digit and hard key assignments.

You can download it HERE and then extract it to C:\ which will add it to the correct directory in the Beo5 Configuration Tool.

Within the Beo5 Tool just drag-n-drop to your configuration as below

Regards Keith....

• 09-05-2009 12:49 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Re: Logitech Harmony Playstation 3 Adapter: Can anybody make a Beo 5 file out of the Pronto Hex file?

Wow, that was fast!

Thank you, Keith!!

I only have config tool V2.20, does that matter or can I use the file with my "old" tool and firmware?

• 09-05-2009 1:19 PM In reply to

If your Beo5 has the earlier firmware, then the previous file will not work because of the Carrier Frequency which was changed from 2 to 5 digits.

I have created a new file for your version of firmware which you can download HERE

Regards Keith....

• 09-05-2009 1:36 PM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Keith, thank you very much!!

I will post my experience next week to see if it works.

• 09-06-2009 1:13 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Hi Keith,

could this be possible: I have Firmware 1.40a but Config Tool V2.20!?

I had my remote repaired a few weeks ago but I was able to transfer my old configuration without problems (contained no 3rd party equipment).

• 09-06-2009 1:53 AM In reply to

Yes, it is quite possible..

The firmware incompatibility only effects 3rd party products, if you configuration is all B&O it will work without modification.

If you have firmware version 1.40a (latest version) then you should use the first XML file I provided.

Regards Keith....

• 09-06-2009 2:11 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Ok, I will try it out. Hopefully it works with my config tool v2.20 :-)

Thomas

• 09-06-2009 4:17 AM In reply to

• Quim43
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-15-2007
    • Tarragona (Catalonia)
    • Posts 1,030
    • Gold Member

TWG:

Ok, I will try it out. Hopefully it works with my config tool v2.20 :-)

Thomas

Hi Thomas

You can download the new version from here

Regards

Quim

• 09-06-2009 5:30 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Thanks, Quim :-)

But: As far as I know the Config Tool V3.x contains another new firmware 1.41a.

Will  the 3rd party XML files work with that firmware, too?

Or am I confused at some point of my thinking?! :)

• 09-06-2009 5:39 AM In reply to

The first (original) download file I provided will work perfectly with version 3.0 Configuration Tool AND 1.41a firmware.

It will not work if you have firmware version 1.34a in your Beo5.

Regards Keith....

• 09-06-2009 6:07 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Ok, that's reassuring me.

Keith, another dumb question:

I'm gonna make a complete new configuration with the 3.x config tool and the 1.41a Firmware and send it to the Beo 5.

Do I have to place the Beo 5 on the charger the whole night to recalibrate the battery or how should I do it the best way?

• 09-06-2009 6:46 AM In reply to

NO, you should not need to do that.

Press the standby button down and then press OK (Centre button) to go into the SETUP menu then press INFO and if the battery shows full, then you should not have a problem.

Regards Keith....

• 09-06-2009 7:09 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Ok, I asked because of your big red tip in the Config Tool V3.0 review where you hint at the new calibration that seems to be required?!

• 09-06-2009 7:19 AM In reply to

To clarify the battery situation..

With Version 3.0 and its associated firmware if you create a 3rd party XML file incorrectly, particularly if you are using RAW which leaves the transmitting LED on or in constant repeat mode, then the battery will show flat within minutes. If you have correctly created an XML file, then you should not have any problems.

Regards Keith....

• 09-06-2009 7:30 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Thanks for clearing that up, Keith!

And always: A big thank you for your help and support! I'm gonna try it out and will give you feedback tomorrow  or tuesday as soon as I have time to test it out!

• 09-08-2009 5:53 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Hi,

I've made a configuration with 2 test zones: One with the file for firmware V1.4x and one for V1.3x.

None of them is working, PS3 shows absolutely no reaction.

The adapter seems to work ok as it paired fine as a BD remote control with the PS3.

Any hints, tips?

I just used the raw file, no customisation like reanging buttons etc. as it was just for testing because I do some work.

Beo 5 Firmware: 1.41.a
    Hardware Revision 6
    Supported Version 0.39 (this information is displayed in "Beo 5 Version Info window of the Config Tool 3.x)

• 10-03-2009 9:45 AM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

Hello Keith and T.W.G.

I have just uploaded the provided Logitech Harmony PS3 Adapter XML file to my Beo5 (s/w 1.41e) with the config tool 3.23. As T.W.G I get no reaction at all from the PS3 (or the Harmony Adapter) despite the PS3 reporting that it is paired with the adapter.

I do not own a Harmony One remote so I cannot verify the functionality directly but I do have the Lintronic kit so I will try to reverse engineer the Remote Central codes a little to see if I can find any discrepancies.

T.W.G have you come any further with the issue ?

//Rolf

• 10-04-2009 6:23 AM In reply to

• Jan
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-15-2007
    • Netherlands,Flevoland
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

TWG

If you PM me your emailadres i can give a PS3 xml file.you can test it.I dont have a PS3 for to test on.I did put them from a site on in a BEO file

regards

Jan

• 10-04-2009 11:36 AM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

I have just remapped the available Pronto codes from the Remotecentral site and converted them into Beo5 format via the Lintronic Configurator tool. The commands now seem to work from the Beo5, and I will now spend some time not to map the commands to the Beo5 including the hardkeys. Failing this I'll ask Keith to give me a hand.

In any case one step ahead today.

//Rolf

• 10-05-2009 10:41 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Thanks for your replies.

I brought the PS3 Harmony adapter back to the shop where I bought it because the adapter is incompatible with the new PS3 slim - according to the Logitech forums.

Now  I'm waiting until Logichtech improves the adapter and then I'll test it again with the Beo 5 and hope that it works :-)

• 10-16-2009 4:56 AM In reply to

• TWG
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Germany
    • Posts 950
    • Gold Member

Hello,

I'm asking for an update:

Does anybody of you use the Beo 5 successfully with a Logitech Harmony PS3 adapter and the PS3 SLIM?

According to Logitech there's an improved version that should work. You can identify it on the bottom of the PS3 adapter.
    There's a label called "PID".

All the new and improved adapters have a PID higher than LZ922xx.

They adressed the problem and have it in their support database:
    http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PLAYSTATION-3/Harmony-Adapter-for-PS3-and-PS3Slim-users-Solution-for/td-p/386807

If it successfully works with the Beo 5 I'm gonna buy that adapter again :-)

• 10-16-2009 11:38 AM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

I have managed to create a new XML file which seems to work, but I have not hade time to do anything with it and mapping to hardkeys etc is beyond my knowledge of XML. I sent the new XML file to Keith a while back but I do not know if he has had time to look at it and do his usual magic including mapping of hardkeys etc.

//Rolf

• 10-18-2009 11:32 AM In reply to

Rolf,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one.

I have today taken your XML file and re-constructed it so that the hard keys can be used.

Once you have confirmed that it all works correctly, I will add it to the download site.

Regards Keith....

• 05-21-2010 10:27 AM In reply to

• sblo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-21-2010
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Keith Saunders:

I have converted the Logitech Harmony PS3 Adapter Pronto codes for you into a Beo5 XML file including digit and hard key assignments.

You can download it HERE and then extract it to C:\ which will add it to the correct directory in the Beo5 Configuration Tool.

Within the Beo5 Tool just drag-n-drop to your configuration as below

Hello Keith

I see you have LG TV under others?

Where did you get this from, can you send me the XML file on this, or a like?
    My tv is LG PS8000 also called 50PS80
    please email me the file, if you have if (sblochm@hotmail.com)

Thank you again. 

BR

Sblo

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >