in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-23-2009 12:03 PM by tournedos. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-04-2009 5:01 PM

Mitsubishi Airconditioner

Hi,

I have Mitsubishi aircons and I would like to control them with Beo5. Has anyone an idea? I can't find the protocol which Mitsubishi remotes use...

• 09-05-2009 7:21 AM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Mitsubishi Airconditioner

This is a Keith Saunders job if anything - have you contacted him?  If not, click on the large banner at the bottom of this page and email him.  The only thing he can't get a Beo5 to do is juggle fire, but he's working on it.. LOL

Kind regards

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-05-2009 8:32 AM In reply to

Mitsubishi use their own infra red protocol as do many airconditioning company's

This means the Beo5 CAN control it, but you can only use RAW HEX image codes in the XML file.

Assuming you have the Beo5 Configuration Tool, then I have produced a test XML file for you to test which you can download from HERE. Extract the ZIP to C:\ then the files will be place in the correct directory of the tool. The codes were converted from Pronto codes found on the web created for Mitsubishi Airconditioners.

Regards Keith....

• 09-05-2009 4:16 PM In reply to

wow, thats great! Thank you sooo much!

i will try it tomorrow when I get my golden one.

• 09-07-2009 10:10 AM In reply to

Keith,

is it also available for Panasonic airconditioners?

Piet

• 09-07-2009 11:32 AM In reply to

I have the XML on my Beo5 but I am not at home. Tomorrow I can tell if it's working!

• 09-07-2009 1:08 PM In reply to

Piet,

If you are able to find Panasonic airconditioning codes on the Internet in Pronto HEX format, then I can convert them for you otherwise the only way to create a working XML file is to capture the codes from the remote.

Many airconditioning company's particularly ones with LCD status screens on the remotes don't just send the button pressed, they send the current settings of all buttons at the same time. If your air conditioning unit has a remote with an LCD screen, then it is not likely that anyone has it on their pronto because the Pronto does not have enough memory for such a long command, BUT the Beo5 does have enough.

Regards Keith....

• 09-08-2009 2:10 AM In reply to

Yes Keith, the remote has a LCD screen. Oke, this is more complex, sending the status of all buttons. I will try to find the codes. I don't have a device to capture the codes.

Piet

• 09-08-2009 6:11 AM In reply to

hi keith

unfortunately my aircons don't react... the mitsubishi remote has also a LCD screen

Perhaps these are codes for Mitsubishi Electric? I have Mitsubishi Heavy Industries aircons.

Have you used these hex codes? http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/mitsubishi/air_conditioning/

• 10-22-2009 4:41 PM In reply to

Thanks to superhero Keith my Aircons are now conrolled by Beo5! Cool
    I can switch on/off, control temperature, fan speed and airflow. Fantastic!! 

It has even a better range than the original remote. I don't know why people like Beo4 more than Beo5...

Now if I could find a way to control my blinds. Biggest problem: it's radio controlled.

• 10-22-2009 4:48 PM In reply to

raveny:
    Thanks to superhero Keith my Aircons are now conrolled by Beo5!

BRILLIANT!

When Keith gets it to brew coffee, I will get one! Yes -  thumbs up

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-23-2009 3:36 AM In reply to

burantek:

raveny:
    Thanks to superhero Keith my Aircons are now conrolled by Beo5!

BRILLIANT!

When Keith gets it to brew coffee, I will get one! Yes -  thumbs up

Don't any of those "push a button" kind of automatic coffee machines have remote controls? If I had one, it would have a remote receiver within a week Stick out tongue

Adding one to a regular coffee machine kind of defeats the purpose Laughing

-mika

• 10-23-2009 9:25 AM In reply to

tournedos:
    Don't any of those "push a button" kind of automatic coffee machines have remote controls? If I had one, it would have a remote receiver within a week

Careful what you wish for!

This ought to keep you and Keith busy for a while!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-23-2009 12:03 PM In reply to

burantek:

Careful what you wish for!

This ought to keep you and Keith busy for a while!

Everything is available on Alibaba! Big Smile

-mika

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)