in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-06-2009 2:28 PM by moreton. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2009 3:16 PM

LX2800

Hello,

My mother has had an old LX2800 since new and it still works like a dream - except that when I plugged a panasonic digibox into it it will not hold the picture. I tuned TV channel 0 in for it but the picture is in two halves top and bottom and revolves horizontally, on the odd ocassion that it is still the picture has a large dark patch on it.

I have tried the box on other TV's and it is fine, and the LX2800 works perfectly with everything else.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? We'd really appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

• 09-03-2009 4:09 PM In reply to

Re: LX2800

My LX2800 works fine with a DigiBox. I just plug it straight into the SCART socket and start the TV with the SAT button.

Try disconnecting everything else except the Digibox.

Simon

• 09-03-2009 5:36 PM In reply to

• 355f
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 655
    • Bronze Member

you might find that the default panasonic setting is 16.9 and you need to re set to 4.3  sometimes difficult to do this when you cant see the picture properly.

The symptoms you describe match the remedy i issue here

• 09-04-2009 4:05 AM In reply to

moreton:

Hello,

My mother has had an old LX2800 since new and it still works like a dream - except that when I plugged a panasonic digibox into it it will not hold the picture. I tuned TV channel 0 in for it but the picture is in two halves top and bottom and revolves horizontally, on the odd ocassion that it is still the picture has a large dark patch on it.

I have tried the box on other TV's and it is fine, and the LX2800 works perfectly with everything else.

Does anyone have any ideas on this? We'd really appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

If connecting via scart (best way) you might need to change some settings. On the digibox remote go to services>picture settings and check that it is set to PAL and not RGB output. The aspect should be either 4:3 or 4:3L for correct presentaion on the LX. To select you will probably use vtape or aux on the LX remote depending on which scart input you use. If connecting via the RF aerial lead you will not hear the very best sound/picture quality available. You might need to change the output channel of the digibox via the menus and re-tune the LX to the new channel.

David

• 09-06-2009 2:28 PM In reply to

Thank you for all the advice, very much appreciated.

I'm off round there tomorrow so I'll try it all out.

David.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)