in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-08-2009 3:43 AM by Puncher. 42 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (43 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2009 4:56 AM In reply to

Re: BeoTime has Landed!

I'm willing to give it a try and write it up (but like several others will not be able to use it on linked products/lighting etc etc!)

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 09-03-2009 7:05 AM In reply to

Tom:

Puncher:

Love to see it but, as I haven't got any Linky-type stuff to work with it, it should go to someone who has (unless you want it reviewing as a stand alone alarm clock)!Big Smile

Same here!

And here too!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-03-2009 8:55 AM In reply to

• Rolf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 63
    • Founder

If its not too late I would love the opportunity to give it a trial at home.

I have a fully linked bedroom with a BV5 and a BL3500 to activate as well as two LC2's.

My tests would be both technical, but also not forgetting to include the vital WAF test (Wife Acceptance Factor).

//Rolf 

• 09-03-2009 9:52 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Peter :

Michael:

Count me in Lee. My house is in full swing in the mornings and our Linkroom/Bedroom is up for the challange. I also feel up to the challenge of testing both 24h time and the new 12h time as well;)

I have visited Atlanta many years ago and found it a wonderful city and very friendly. However I cannot get the Tom Lehrer lyrics out of my head!

'Our captain has a handicap to cope with, sad to tell.
    He's from Georgia, and he doesn't speak the language very well.'

I am however confident that the language barrier can be breached and wish you luck in the lottery! Laughing

I think I actually know the captain down here. Born in the city of Atlanta I actually don't have a southern accent but you don't have to go far to find it.  However, it did take me two years of university before I realized I wasn't pronouncing the "t"s in Atlanta... I just thought it was just how you said it... and my studies in the UK to realize I would have had better luck with the ladies over there if I had had the southern accent (although arguably not the brighter ones).

-Michael

• 09-03-2009 10:08 AM In reply to

I was part of the Friendship Force between Newcastle and Atlanta organised by Jimmy Carter in the 70s. I stayed with a very friendly medical family and later with some students. I had a superb time - ate grits, had a meal in the revolving restaurant in the Peachtree Centre and drove a 5 litre estate car despite only being about 15! For some reason, all the inhabitants thought that we had an accent - but we made sure they were disabused of this notion!

• 09-03-2009 3:25 PM In reply to

• George
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2009
    • Greece
    • Posts 44
    • Gold Member

Count me in chief Big Smile

Carpe Diem

• 09-05-2009 7:18 AM In reply to

Right you lot - this is a free appearance as a favour to you guys, so i'll make it brief - i'm supposed to be opening a supermarket in half an hour, and the shoppers are waiting - as is the manager with a large pair of scissors and some ribbon.

I've fed the names into the draw computer, which gave you all a number.  I've just hit the draw generator and it's chosen number 4.

This is...

"beaker"

Not sure where you are as my name/location program isn't booted up. Aren't you in the USA?  Anyway - you need to send Lee a PM with your full postal address and the BeoTime will be coming to you for a full review! Exciting!

Right, i'm off - see you at the end of the month for the 'Super Draw' Big Smile

PDB

you wanna da prizes?  I give a da prizes...  Simples.

• 09-05-2009 10:18 AM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Nice one!  Beotime goes to Surrey!
    Lucky you Beaker!  Hope you take loads of photo's too.

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 09-06-2009 9:03 AM In reply to

I have just seen this and replied with my address. Looking forward to receiving it and having a good play!

Im quite excited!

• 09-07-2009 7:37 AM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-23-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

Congrats Beaker! Can't wait for your review. I've got a bunch of frequent flyer points to burn if you need a house guest to wake up in the mornings.

-Michael

• 09-07-2009 10:42 AM In reply to

If you were called Michaela I might have taken you up on that offerBig Smile

• 09-07-2009 2:15 PM In reply to

• George
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 05-22-2009
    • Greece
    • Posts 44
    • Gold Member

Congragulations. Look forward actually to to that review . Smile

Carpe Diem

• 09-07-2009 4:28 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Congrats Beaker! Have fun and write a great review! Looking forward to it!

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 09-07-2009 4:34 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

(Mind you don't sleep in for work)!WinkLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 09-07-2009 7:01 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I'm looking forward to the review too! Big Smile

We also have a BeoTime coming directly from B&O Denmark to be given away here on BeoWorld (news just in) - so watch this space!

Honestly - i think the BeoTime is a wonderful little thing!! It makes you want to waltz up to Kalle Hvidt Nielsen, bop him over the head with it, and shout 'YES - YES - GIVE US MORE !!!'

Lee

Yes -  thumbs up

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 09-08-2009 2:18 AM In reply to

You are a lucky man, Beaker. I look forward to read your review about Beotime.

And Lee......great news that we got one for the draw. Can't wait...Yes -  thumbs up

Piet

• 09-08-2009 3:18 AM In reply to

9 LEE:

We also have a BeoTime coming directly from B&O Denmark to be given away here on BeoWorld (news just in) - so watch this space!

I was hoping for this. Yes -  thumbs up A pretty much ideal article for the prize draw if you ask me! 

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 09-08-2009 3:43 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

beocool:

9 LEE:

I was hoping for this. Yes -  thumbs up A pretty much ideal article for the prize draw if you ask me! 

Agree! - one of these per draw might have made more sense than a "one off" BV8-40 (unless I win it of course)!Laughing

Having said that I don't suppose the chance to win an alarm clock will drag in as many new members as a spanking new TV.

Ignore me and carry onSleep

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

Page 2 of 2 (43 items) < Previous 1 2