in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-02-2009 8:22 AM by joeyboygolf. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2009 8:37 PM

Beolabs and Pre-amp

As I start moving away from B&O as my main system into something else (may towards a product line from a company that "get's it"..... waiting now over 3 months for the replacement foam pads, that I spent a fortune on, for my headphone..... told they need to be shipped from Denmark and that they would look into it..... my interest in a Beosystem 5 faded - got an Apple TV instead and so far love it!) - now I am looking for a pre-amp to connect my Aux stuff into (since my 3200 only has 1 input as we all know and the cheap switch box just doesnt cut it).  Has anyone had any experience in connected the powered Beolabs (8000 and 2) into a pre-amp?  I know they have the RCA inputs - but what about the signal/power strength and how does a Lab 2 fit into all of this.....   I am being pulled towards the McIntosh systems - talk about beautiful!

-michael

• 09-02-2009 2:20 AM In reply to

Re: Beolabs and Pre-amp

They work with variable line level - i.e. pre-amp out. There are some issues with them switching off if they receive no signal but this can be fixed as well by all accounts.

You should have sourced the pads from Lee who would have been cheaper and quicker.

Not sure Apple TV and the BS5 are really the same product but I can understand your frustration.

• 09-02-2009 8:22 AM In reply to

Re: Beolabs and Pre-amp

I guess that whoever you ordered pads from did not place the order with B&O.

Items come into the UK from Struer or the Czech Repuplic overnight if in stock (cannot take much longer to anywhere else in the world)so I would suggest that your dealer is to blame and you should give him some grief!!

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)