in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-04-2010 6:28 AM by StUrrock. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-01-2009 5:06 PM

Sonos with B&O

I wonder if anybody has sonos connected to B&O audio/visual systems? How did you find it? How is it done in main room and link rooms? Can Beo5 or 4 be programmed or used with this?

thanks

Vince

• 09-02-2009 6:33 AM In reply to

Re: Sonos with B&O

Hi - I have SONOS with my B&O.

I have a Synology NAS with all my music on it connected to my Router. I have one of the SONOS boxes also connected to my router and the 'phono out' goes into my BEOSOUND 9000 aux.

Its awesome and something my wife actually uses. Basically iPod your house.

The remote control or the SONOS app on my iphone is a joy to use with cover art showing etc. Playlists easy to add to - finally 80GB of music is actually getting listened to, as well as thousands of streaming radio stations...

Range is terrific - parties are fun with people using the remote to add music..

Awesome - get it. Two of my customers have also purchased after my recommendations and viewing various web sites,

Cheers

Russ

• 09-02-2009 6:55 AM In reply to

thanks Russ, I have a buffalo NAS and music is ripped from iTunes. Can the sonos player be connected directly to speakers (I have lab 9 front and 8000 rear and a BC2 and BV7). Do you need special cables?

Which sonos box do you have, the one without amplifier i presume?

It's the connection and cabling that I am a little confused about

thanks Again

Vince

• 09-05-2009 2:24 PM In reply to

I have a sonos Zoneplayer 90 connected via the aux-in of my BeoSound 4, which is connected to a pair of BeoLab 3s. This works really well. I use the Sonos CR200 wireless hand held controller to control the Sonos side of things, and a Beo5 to setup the BeoSound 4 - mainly turning it on and off as I too lazy to walk to the unit and do this manually!

Using this system I can access CDs, DAB radio, FM radio, Internet radio, my iTunes Library, iTunes playlists & genius selections, Napster, Last.FM in a way that is light years ahead of the vanilla B&O system. Frankly this is what the BeoSound 5 should have been.  Much as I love B&O and the design of  the BeoSound 5 and the Beo5, they just do not compare to the flexibility of the Sonos/B&O hybrid. The wirless controller is vastly superior to the Beo5, and costs half the price.

• 09-05-2009 3:05 PM In reply to

• ed7
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-06-2007
    • uk
    • Posts 297
    • Bronze Member

Thanks guys i had a look, wow  i love it (shame does not have the b&o style) , for the benefit of some members not heard of it here is the link,see the demo

http://www.sonos.com/Default.aspx?tref=gstore&rdr=true&LangType=1033

• 09-05-2009 4:50 PM In reply to

I have looked at Sonos several times ... but for the moment I am happy with the 50GB of iTunes on my Mac laptop that goes with me when I am traveling, but when at home connects wirelessly to an Airport Express that plugs into my BeoSound 4's AUX.IN ... and which I can then pickup as an A.AUX via the Beo 4 in any masterlink room

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-08-2009 3:21 AM In reply to

Hi Vince,

I have the unit without the amplifier that goes straight into AUX of BS9000.

Suggest you will be able to use non-amplified unit and phono cables into the LINE-IN of your speakers, providing they have such an input..many do.

Else just go in through the AUX of your tv or other unit.

Good luck,
    Russ

• 06-04-2010 6:28 AM In reply to

• StUrrock
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-04-2008
    • Cambridgeshire
    • Posts 219
    • Bronze Member

For people wanting to integrate Sonos with their Bang & Olufsen system, you maybe interested in this press release;

http://bangolufsenn21.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)