in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-25-2010 8:36 PM by elephant. 94 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-18-2009 6:42 PM In reply to

Re: Snow Leopard - Update: BM-Link not 100% compatible. Don't upgrade yet!

Hi, how can I get/purchase this software?  I have a mac mini/beoport and BS9000.  This sounds awesome!

Chris

• 12-20-2009 12:43 PM In reply to

The author of it has been doing Beta testing and emailing it to those who wanted it.

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 12-20-2009 2:19 PM In reply to

Friends,

I took the liberty of opening a new thread to collect feedback for Phil's Linkplayer SW development. I feel that this has gone way beyond the topic of the current thread.

Hope you agree, Stefan

• 12-23-2009 6:45 AM In reply to

• PAJ
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Posts 49
    • Founder

Hi Philippe,  how do we get to participate in your beta test program.  I have a whole range of B&O and Apple kit and also use EyeTV.  I am retired but my background is in software development.  I would be happy to help you with your structured testing.

The app looks great.

Keep up the good work.

--Phil

--Phil

• 12-23-2009 6:51 AM In reply to

Hi All,

I have added a direct download link to the Change log page.

P.

• 01-13-2010 7:26 AM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

I have followed the instructions but I can not distribute music from my mac to the B&O sound system. Beoport ist connect to Beosystem 3. What am I doing wrong?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Speakers: Beolab 5, Beolab 3, Beolab 10, Beolab 2, DeToma Subwoofer; CD Player: Beosound 9000; TV/Video: Beovision 4-65 inkl. Beosystem 3, Panasonic BlueRay Player, Technisat Digital Receiver; Home Integration: Beoport, BeoLink Wireless, Beo 4, Beo 5, Beotime, Apple TV

• 01-13-2010 3:41 PM In reply to

Hi Marc,  I cna try to help you, or you could email Phillipe directly which is his preference as the LinkPlayer software is still beta.

However it would be helpful if you could you please describe your layout a bit more?

Do you have an Audio Master ? You say "the B&O sound system" but then you mention "Beosystem 3" which I am guessing would be classified as a Video Master.

Is the BeoPort connected via MasterLink to the BeoSystem 3?  

Do you have any speakers attached to your Beoport? And does the BeoPort have an IR eye attached?

Did you change the Options settings on any of the components?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-14-2010 10:32 AM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Hi Jan,

many thanks for you help but the issue has already been resolved with Philip by email.

Marc

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Speakers: Beolab 5, Beolab 3, Beolab 10, Beolab 2, DeToma Subwoofer; CD Player: Beosound 9000; TV/Video: Beovision 4-65 inkl. Beosystem 3, Panasonic BlueRay Player, Technisat Digital Receiver; Home Integration: Beoport, BeoLink Wireless, Beo 4, Beo 5, Beotime, Apple TV

• 01-15-2010 3:04 PM In reply to

Hi Philondon,

Finally got hold of a PC2 unit, last week ... and downloaded your software.

Took me all evening last night to connect it all up and install and config the software.
    After a few hassles (bad cable) and a few changes of the config options it now works with my beosound. 

Have not tried the full screen option or extras like plex yet (that will be later this week) but works (so far) flawless with itunes. Impressive.

Thanks so much for this .... 

• 01-16-2010 4:02 AM In reply to

Hi,

Does this new software replace the old BMLink? After having upgraded to SnowLeopard the BMLink does not work properly anymore. Can I, using this new software, remote control iTunes with my beo4 like I could with BMLink? Where can I find this new piece of interesting software?

• 01-16-2010 10:58 AM In reply to

kraendavid:

Hi,

Does this new software replace the old BMLink? After having upgraded to SnowLeopard the BMLink does not work properly anymore. Can I, using this new software, remote control iTunes with my beo4 like I could with BMLink? Where can I find this new piece of interesting software?

The linkplayer software is written by one of these forums members, PhilLondon and you'll find a link for a trial version on following website http://web.me.com/philrobin/LinkPlayer/Linkplayer.html

• 01-17-2010 5:02 AM In reply to

Great application I must say. My first impression is that it is even better then the old BMLink written by odlund. However it has major problem: it is only a demo working for 1 hour :(. Is it possible to buy a non-demo version - or is it still to unstable to run for longer periods than that (I haven't had any problems with it).

• 01-17-2010 2:15 PM In reply to

The software is still in a testing fase, but you can contact the writer (member PhilLondon) directly for more information.

• 01-19-2010 2:35 PM In reply to

Finally a new version of BM-link has been released to support mac os 10.6 and iTunes 9 and B&O has confirmed.

http://www.odlund.se/bmlink/download.html

• 01-19-2010 2:50 PM In reply to

ibg001:
    B&O has confirmed

Hi, what do you mean by "confirmed"?

Yes, the B&O page links to Anders' updated change log, but then I think it always did.

I could find no update on the B&O Digital Media link I followed to indicate a confirmation by B&O that this was now the latest release that they endorse and support - I assume that is what your "confirmed" means?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-20-2010 10:32 AM In reply to

167 days after receiving the following e-mail from B&O.... I received today the one below!

MAIL 1, 6.August.2009

XavierItzmann:

Dear Mr [Last Name],

We are pleased to see that you are the owner of BeoPort. We regret that the BM-Link is not updated with the new version of iTunes. We do not have a solution for you - unfortunately. The only temporary solution is to down-grade your iTunes in order to get the playlists again. 
    We will look into this problem and will get back to you with an answer.

Kind regards
    Bang & Olufsen a/s

[M... K... H...]
    BeoCare

FOLLOWUP MAIL, 20.January.2010:

Dear [Last Name],

You are now able to download version 1.5.3 which support iTunes 9 and MAC OS Snow Leopard

http://www.odlund.se/bmlink/download.html 

Kind regards,
    Bang & Olufsen a/s

[M... K... H...]

Good followup.  But unlikely that I will go back from LinkPlayer which I find richer and more stable.

• 01-20-2010 12:29 PM In reply to

• Jobak
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-17-2009
    • Posts 19
    • Bronze Member

Thats impressive.Yes -  thumbs up

Not many company's follow up when a solution has been made. Exspecially when they have stated that Beoport was not meant to be supported by MAC OS. I am gonna give it a try for sure.

• 01-20-2010 6:18 PM In reply to

Jobak:
    I am gonna give it a try for sure.

There is a separate thread where I have posted my test experiences - all positive Smile

• 01-25-2010 1:56 AM In reply to

By confirmed I mean that a got a mail from B&O that a new version og BM link was released for Mac OS 1.6 and Itunes 9.

• 01-25-2010 8:36 PM In reply to

ibg001:

By confirmed I mean that a got a mail from B&O that a new version og BM link was released for Mac OS 1.6 and Itunes 9.

Yes, I thought that might be what you meant :(

I had hoped that maybe you had had another official communication form B&O HQ which stated that they were now fully supporting BM-Link.

By fully supporting I mean:

• working closely with B&O designers to ensure immediate updates for new B&O products
    • working as close as possible with Apple to minimise any delays in support of iTunes
    • providing B&O site help desk support - Anders is great, but he also has his own life to take care of
    • providing efficient and effective defect support
    • educating the sales field force on BM-Link
    • educating the service teams on BM-Link
    • providing multi-language, comprehensive documentation

these are all the sorts of things one would expect from a company that "confirms support of a product".

B&O even seems to struggle with some of those for its main stream products: e.g. "providing efficient and effective defect support".

By the way, please don't get me wrong - I love love B&O, and I am 110% behind Anders and Phillipe.  But I recognise the difference between a company's responsibilities and the best endeavours of individuals.

Page 4 of 4 (95 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4