in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2009 4:13 PM by Evan. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (21 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-28-2009 11:44 AM

• sharif
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

Yor thoughts and opinions please!!!!

3 weeks ago, our decorators were just about to finish when I decided to ask them if it would be possible to wall mount me beolab3200 and 6000's. I contacted B&O and got a price for the wall brackets. The decorators then started moaning about channeling out the wall and said they wouldnt do it.

I racked my brains to think of some other way to wall mount the set up without chaneling the wall and yet be asthetically pleasing.

This is what I came up with!!!

FOR EVERYTHING ELSE......THERES B&O

• 08-28-2009 11:52 AM In reply to

Re: Yor thoughts and opinions please!!!!

sharif:

3 weeks ago, our decorators were just about to finish when I decided to ask them if it would be possible to wall mount me beolab3200 and 6000's. I contacted B&O and got a price for the wall brackets. The decorators then started moaning about channeling out the wall and said they wouldnt do it.

I racked my brains to think of some other way to wall mount the set up without chaneling the wall and yet be asthetically pleasing.

This is what I came up with!!!

That looks rather elegant to me! What is the surface finish? Glass with an adhesive film on the back incorporating the logo???

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-28-2009 11:56 AM In reply to

Extremely effective - I suppose cleaning behind it could pose some issues but I dare say you have thought about this already. Very neat.

• 08-28-2009 11:57 AM In reply to

• sharif
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

Its 15mm Clear perspex and I had it screen printed in white to allow it to be opaque enough for the lights and also allowed them to print the logo. Alos had the edges diamond polished so it looks like a piece of glass.

• 08-28-2009 12:02 PM In reply to

What happened to the chandelier between photos 1 & 2??????

Maybe this is a virtual room Surprise

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-28-2009 12:19 PM In reply to

• sharif
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

Well spotted. Unfortunatly, no conspiracy theories here....simply changed the lights after I took the first few pics. The night shot was taken about a week later!!!!

• 08-28-2009 12:24 PM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Very attractive, BUT surely the positioning of the speakers displays more style than function?

Aren't they designed for floor mounting? This is surely very important as the drivers within are designed and located exactly to provide the best listening experience from their position within the speaker column.  Also, where is the 'normal' listening position? I hope it is somewhere in front of them and not the two seats shown!

• 08-28-2009 12:33 PM In reply to

• sharif
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

kokomo:

Very attractive, BUT surely the positioning of the speakers displays more style than function?

Aren't they designed for floor mounting? This is surely very important as the drivers within are designed and located exactly to provide the best listening experience from their position within the speaker column.  Also, where is the 'normal' listening position? I hope it is somewhere in front of them and not the two seats shown!

The speakers are mounted using B&O's own brackets so Im assuming that the experts at B&O wouldnt market any product that was counter effective to regard sound quality.

I have to say, that with them being higher, they sound somewhat clearer , but this may because i'm 6ft3.

I have to aggree with the listening position though, I am limited by space, but no overall experience is lost, just get a stiff neck once in a whileSmile

• 08-28-2009 12:41 PM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

How much higher does being 6' 3" raise your ears when in the seated postion? In general terms extra height is mostly in the legs!

• 08-28-2009 12:48 PM In reply to

• sharif
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2007
    • UK
    • Posts 21
    • Bronze Member

Approx 2ft if were are being specific....but I was'nt actually being serious!!!!

kokomo:
    Laughing

How much higher does being 6' 3" raise your ears when in the seated postion? In general terms extra height is mostly in the legs!

• 08-28-2009 2:06 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

I think it's brilliant! Smile Good on ya' mate!

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 08-28-2009 3:38 PM In reply to

kokomo:

Aren't they designed for floor mounting? This is surely very important as the drivers within are designed and located exactly to provide the best listening experience from their position within the speaker column.   

B&O marketing "tosh". So how come that the exact same tweeters (and that is where most of the sound comes from) are considerably higher in the BL8000. What about Beolab1's. Do you buy higher seating to go with the taller speakers or maybe B&O should supply seat cushions in the box??

Regards Graham

• 08-28-2009 4:25 PM In reply to

Laughing

The only speaker that I have found really makes a difference with sitting down is the Penta - for some reason it seems very directional. I'll look out for the cushions though!

• 08-28-2009 5:06 PM In reply to

Thanks for the pictures. It is stunning!  Looks really great!

Beovision 7-55 with Beolab 7-4, 9s and 4000s

Beovision 10-40 with Beolab 1s and 6000s

Beosound 1, 5, 2000, and 3000

Beotime, Beotalk, Beocoms

• 08-28-2009 5:19 PM In reply to

Looks quite nice. I have wall mounted mine 6000's too, although not that high. The sound has changed a little bid, less bass. Not that I mind, but people looking for this should take that into account.

It seems that not many people use these wall mounts, it was a first sale for my dealer.

• 08-29-2009 5:03 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

B&O marketing "tosh". So how come that the exact same tweeters (and that is where most of the sound comes from) are considerably higher in the BL8000. What about Beolab1's. Do you buy higher seating to go with the taller speakers or maybe B&O should supply seat cushions in the box??

If it's B&O tosh then it's the 'tosh of most if not all speaker manufacturers. The high frequencies sent out from a tweeter are highly directional. Any divergence from the 'ear level' will alter what's heard from the speaker. I'm not saying it won't be to someones satisfaction though, just that the optimum is from a tweeter directed at the ears.

It's no coincidence that, for example in a car, the mid-range/bass speaker is usually sited lower in the door and the tweeter high. One of the best positions being on the dash and angled towards the windscreen so that the treble hits it and bounces back to the ears.

• 08-29-2009 6:09 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

Looks great, well done to you!

Jonnie

• 08-29-2009 7:01 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

I think it is a very elegant solution and if you're happy then that's all that REALLY matters.

Nice jobYes -  thumbs up

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 08-29-2009 3:06 PM In reply to

kokomo:

If it's B&O tosh then it's the 'tosh of most if not all speaker manufacturers. The high frequencies sent out from a tweeter are highly directional. Any divergence from the 'ear level' will alter what's heard from the speaker. I'm not saying it won't be to someones satisfaction though, just that the optimum is from a tweeter directed at the ears.

So, which tweeter is at the optimum height then. 6000, 8000 or Beolab 1???

They can't all be optimum or I'm missing something!!!!

Regards Graham

• 08-30-2009 7:01 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

joeyboygolf:

kokomo:

So, which tweeter is at the optimum height then. 6000, 8000 or Beolab 1???

They can't all be optimum or I'm missing something!!!!

BL1. You can hear clearly > sitting and standing!  Big Smile One of the greatest attributes of this speaker...

The 6000's tweeters are far too low in my opinion, i rarely sit down to listen to music. 8000's are similar, you have to crouch / sit to be in the field

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 08-30-2009 4:13 PM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

That would be a very nice place for BV4 or the new BV8 to hang in the middle. I love it.

Evan

Page 1 of 1 (21 items)