in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2007 12:25 AM by jk1002. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-07-2007 8:26 AM

• Zoe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-16-2007
    • Posts 5
    • Bronze Member

The best sounding earphones -review??

Can anyone help me find a review I read a while ago about the A8 being the best sounding earphones in the world.I'm on a discussion with my husbond and he does not believe me.

Z

Filed under:
  • 06-07-2007 8:41 AM In reply to

Re: The best sounding earphones -review??

I doubt you can call them the best sounding earphones in the world, as there are such a large number of types.

However, BBC Music Magazine reviewed earphones in their October 2006 issue, and they gave the A8s five stars and nominated them as "This month's star product." The review stated that "they do full justice to the sound coming from the headphones socket of any iPod or MP3 player." & "you may well end up thinking the high price is well worth paying."

They also lauded the ergonomics and fit of these earphones.

For pure audio reproduction with a minimum of distortion from outside sources, I would go for earphones from Etymotic, used by professional musicians during concerts to drown out extraneous noise. These have migrated to the portable MP3 crowd. I can't use them, as I don't like the sweaty feel I get from having these plugs inside my ears -- and I also wish to have a little contact with what's going on around me.

http://www.etymotic.com/ 

• 06-07-2007 10:20 AM In reply to

We are planning a review of headphones soon - all B&O types and a couple of high end competitors.
  • 06-07-2007 10:51 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Peter I still have the test that compared the A8 to their chinesse friends, the apple earphones and the Form1. I'm not sure, but I think it was you who make this test. As I is not mine, I did not want to post it here without asking you before.

This sure is not what Zoe asked, but it could help him her a little. So if you don't mind...

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-07-2007 10:55 AM In reply to

Tom! Zoe is a lady, not a man. Smile
  • 06-07-2007 10:58 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Henry:
    Tom! Zoe is a lady, not a man. Smile

LaughingLaughing Ups, I'll edit the post. Sorry Zoe Ick!

• 06-07-2007 11:21 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

It is already on the site - its in the user manuals section under Headphones - A8.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-07-2007 11:45 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Puncher:
    It is already on the site - its in the user manuals section under Headphones - A8.

tiptop!

I had not checked there before...Hmm

• 06-07-2007 12:12 PM In reply to

And Puncher was the reviewer!!
  • 06-07-2007 4:59 PM In reply to

I own two pairs of Etymotics earphones; a pair of ER-6i's and a pair of ER-4P's. I have to say they are the best earphones I have ever owned after having a couple of pairs of Shures and my A8's. They are so acurate but some do find the sound slightly clinical. The only time I use my A8's is for running so I can hear what is going on around me. I have never understood why the A8's are rated so highly.

The only pair that could sway me are a pair of Shure SE530's or some UE10 Pro's but they are a bit too much of an investment at the moment.

Nicholas
  • 06-07-2007 6:41 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

I hope I never gave the impresion that anything is best! You can only compare what you have to hand. Of those I compared I found the A8's to be my favourite. The suprise (to me) was that I found them better than the Form1's - others may disagree.

You pays your money and you takes your choice!!

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-08-2007 12:25 AM In reply to

I have the Shure EC3 and the A8 as well. The Shure were actually a it of a dissapointment. The sound is affected a lot how they fit in your ear, if they right they sound great but for my ears without using a finger to hold them in the correct position that was not the case. So one would have to go for a custom earpiece.

The A8 definitly sound great. I have strong prescription glases though and if I wear them it sometimes relocates the frame bit which influences my eyesight. That is why I walked over to the shure but in the end I am mostly ending up with the A8s. Rather blind then bad sound I guess .....

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)