in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-26-2009 2:57 PM by Gavin. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2009 11:51 AM

• Gavin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-19-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Missing Music Files

I am using BS5 / BM5 with a MAC and have succesfully transferred my music files using BeoConnect and all works fine. I was looking at some transferred files on BM-SHARES through Finder on my MAC and for a large number of artists / albums the folders are present but I cannot see any of the individuals songs within them.

The music is all available to play through BS5 and equally if I view the files directly on the BM5 thru the service menu they are there.....why would they not be visible from the MAC?

Gavin

• 08-25-2009 12:57 PM In reply to

• aooa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-13-2007
    • Posts 15
    • Silver Member

Re: Missing Music Files

It is possible that you don't have a permission to watch the content of your BM-SHARES folder?

You certainly know that if there are two owners within the Finder the one cannot see the files in the other home directory. To do so you have to log in with a name and password from the other owner!

Maybe that's the reason. You can control this setting with Command-I (Get Info) after selecting that folder.

I hope this helps.

Pim

• 08-26-2009 1:57 AM In reply to

• Gavin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-19-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Thanks Pim,

If I Cmd-I on the folders that are missing the songs the permissions show I have read & write privalages, as do the ones I can see, I assume its the permissions I should look at?

Gavin

• 08-26-2009 6:40 AM In reply to

• aooa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-13-2007
    • Posts 15
    • Silver Member

OK Gavin, that's clear. If you have read/write privileges, there is no restriction to see the contents of that folder if you are the right owner.

It is - for some obscure reason - possible that the music files are hidden. There is a nice little freeware program called "Show and Hide" version 1.1

Just try it.

• 08-26-2009 2:57 PM In reply to

• Gavin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-19-2007
    • Posts 12
    • Bronze Member

Thanks, I managed to find the software but only version 1.0 from versiontracker.com, it certainly worked in terms of finding hidden files but unfortunately not the missing songs files!

It is curious given the files are actually on BM5 and playable but simply not visible from my MAC. One option of course is to delete all from BM5 and copy again, although I'm reluctant to that unless nothing else works.

Gavin

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)