in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-01-2009 7:31 AM by downtime. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2009 11:12 AM

Beovision 3 28' / STB controller / DTS / VirginMedia V+ HD box setup

Hi

I'm moving house and to cut a long story short I'm contemplating subscribing to a VirginMedia bundle. Part of that bundle will be a TV package and a V+ HD box.

My current setup is a BV3 28" with STB-C and  DTS card, the front channel of which is connected to pair of BL8000s.

I see from the STB Controller list Western Europe Version 4.11 that the Virgin V+ box is listed. Is this the same as the V+ HD box?

Is anyone using this STB-C entry with a V+ HD box ? If so what do you think? Any missing functionality?

I'm well aware that my BV3 is not HD and plan to connect it to the V+ HD box via scart. However, when watching an HD broadcast with Dolby Surround Sound will I be able to benefit from the surround sound if I connect the optical out on the V+ HD box into the spare optical input on the DTS card?

Any thoughts, comments much appreciated.

• 08-27-2009 11:34 AM In reply to

Re: Beovision 3 28' / STB controller / DTS / VirginMedia V+ HD box setup

Hi, I have a 3 Virgin V+ boxes attached to a Beovision 5, beovision 6 and an avant. The V+ box listed is the V+HD box and all functionality is there.

I'm afraid I don't know if an HD broadcast is in surround sound as I don't have any rear speakers to test with.

Regards,
    Cal

• 08-31-2009 4:08 PM In reply to

you will need your dealer to upgrade the chip in your set, I have an avant and it cost £70. You the can work the the v+ box fine. 

• 09-01-2009 7:31 AM In reply to

Thanks for the feedback.

Engineer due out next week to upgrade controller software. I'll let you know about the surround sound when I get the V+ box.

Downtime.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)