in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-21-2009 2:27 PM by joeyboygolf. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2009 9:16 AM

Beocenter 9000 Speaker Issues.......

Ok, so I've moved my BC 9000 to a different room (after its been unsed for a couple of months) and have tried to plug passive speakers back in.

It seems only 1 pair (the right set when looking from the front) works! The left hand side pair doesn't produce any sound using the same setup.

I vaguely remember mute will only work on the 1st pair and mute doesn't make any difference so I'm guessing the primary pair are knackered and the secondary are working fine.

Is there anything easy to check / or do or am I just stuck with only using one set of passive speakers?

Cheers

GUY

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

Filed under:
  • 08-21-2009 9:28 AM In reply to

Re: Beocenter 9000 Speaker Issues.......

The mute relay will have stuck - needs disassembling and cleaning or replacing.

• 08-21-2009 9:42 AM In reply to

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that, is it I try it youself job, or is it for someone who's not likely to throw it out of the window in a temper? :-(

Cheers

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

• 08-21-2009 2:27 PM In reply to

Almost certain not possible to clean it and have it last any length of time. The only real option is replacement.

Simple job for electronics tech. Requires dismantling and soldering skills.

Relay will cost £20 or so from B&O although they are available at lower cost from electronic component suppliers on the internet.

Regards Graham

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)