in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-19-2009 3:16 AM by Wulf. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-15-2009 8:29 AM

• Wulf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-15-2009
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Connection to Radiostation lost

Hello Beo Forum Community

I have a strange problem with my BS5 / BM5. A few days ago I liked to listen to DRS3 (Swiss radio station). I selected the station and after 1 or 2 seconds the connection was lost. Since then I can not listen to any DRS radio station (i.e. DRS1, DRS2, DRS3). Other Swiss radio stations (and radio stations from other countries) are working fine.

I can listen to DRS3 by wire, by N.MUSIC via PC, in my car. I visited my B&O Dealer and DRS3 is being broadcasted by BS5 / BM5 without any problem. It looks like BS5 / BM5 lost only the connection to the DRS radio stations.

When I select the radion sation DRS3 on ths BS5 (regardless via "Countries" or "Favorites") the name of the radio station (far left) does not blink, it stays darkgrey.

I tried to find any informations in the service menu (i.e. a "Radiostation folder" or a "Radiostation list"), but could'nt.

Does anybody have a idea how this problem could be solved? Even my B&O Dealer is helpless (and the guys are good) at the moment!

Regards and thank you for any answer.
    Wulf

System Informations:

BM 5
    Application: 4.02.01.1291
    Firmaware:   2.27
    ML PCB:      4
    MB BIOS:     1.05

BS 5
    Application:   4.02.01.1291
    Main Firmware: 1.30a
    Boot Firmware: 0.04a
    PCB:           3
    BOM:           3

• 08-15-2009 9:28 AM In reply to

• pf85
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-21-2007
    • Posts 145
    • Founder

Re: Connection to Radiostation lost

Listening occasionally to the same stations as you do through BS5-BM5... most recently last Thursday. Potentially reinstall Beoplayer and confirm registration and reload radiostations ? Otherwise, you may do a reset on BS 5 and see if the stations are properly reinitiated.

• 08-15-2009 12:39 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Greutzi !

No problem listening to DRS3 here on N.RADIO for 6 hours now. The music strength is clear, with no signal dropouts either.

Agree with a reset of your BS 5: Hopefully that will solve the problem for you.

• 08-19-2009 3:16 AM In reply to

• Wulf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-15-2009
    • Posts 8
    • Bronze Member

Thanks for the answers until today.

Below you'll see what my B&O Dealer found in the B&O Problem Data Base Wink

Registered Quality Problems:
    When starting N.RADIO after standby or by Play timer the station stays grey and cannot connect, no sound (85322)

Symptom:
    When starting N.RADIO after standby, it cannot connect. The N.RADIO station name is greyed out and no sound is played.

Deadline:
    High priority case.

Work-around:
    Step up or down on the remote control - after getting a connection to the next or previous N.RADIO station, you can step back to the station you wish to play.

The "Work-around" sounds good, but does not work with my BS 5 Sad, so I have to wait until the problem is solved.

Regards
    Wulf

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)