in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-14-2009 8:07 AM by blue2th. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-12-2009 7:08 PM

BeoCom2?????

I have a Beocom2 and was hoping to get a few answers to a couple of questions.

1 How can I tell what model I have mk1 or mk2??

2 Is the display suppose to flash when a call is incoming??  If so can one turn that feature on or off???

3 My Beocom2 seems to have an issue when it is set at high volume on the ringer it will shut off on an incoming call.

4 Are batteries easy to change?  The phone is not lasting all that long..

THANX

• 08-12-2009 7:24 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: BeoCom2?????

Hi,

Mk1 or Mk2 answer on this link

The phone flashes for missed calls, but i'm not sure about flashing on an incoming call.  I would try, but everyone in my house is in bed!!

3 & 4, It's an engineer / service center job i'd say.

Lee

Smile

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 08-12-2009 7:36 PM In reply to

From the pictures my phone appears to be a mk1.   Would I still be able to hook up other phones to my base??  It appears it was used that way previously due to it having phones set up on the intercom part.  Or am I suck with only one phone and one base???

THANX

• 08-13-2009 2:27 AM In reply to

Hello,

you have to reset the base station to delete the old configuration. One base station can handle 5 or 6 (not sure) phones.

Resetting the base will also delete the phonebook. You have to enter the phone numbers again after registration of your Beocom 2.

Piet 

• 08-13-2009 5:02 AM In reply to

We need to sort out what type of Base you have and if your phone is a system handset.

If you have the base that also is a charging station, you cannot connect more phones to that base.

Also, if you have a MKI phone and this base, you probably need to upgrade the handset to a system handset. Done easily at a service center and may cost 30 euro. You can tell from the settings menu in you handset if its a system phone. If you have an "advanced settings" option you have a system handset. If not, you need the sw upgrade.

The correct base for your MKI handset, is:

http://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=1234

That will enable you to connect more handsets.

/Claes

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 08-13-2009 5:18 AM In reply to

• blue2th
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

interesting - the lady at the shop said the same about flassing for missed calls, but i have a new one and it flashes when it rings (green) and is red when in use.  i don't see it flash for missed calls though.

is this a setting issue?

• 08-13-2009 6:26 AM In reply to

striker27:
    3 My Beocom2 seems to have an issue when it is set at high volume on the ringer it will shut off on an incoming call.

4 Are batteries easy to change?  The phone is not lasting all that long..

It seems to be the typical battery problem. Changing the BCm2 batteries is very difficult, generally they change all the BeoCom 2 handset for a brand new one (at a special price, of course).

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 08-13-2009 6:44 AM In reply to

What do you mean with flashing green when it rings and is red in use?

Are you really talking about the Beocom 2 there?

/C

Happy owner of: BV10, 2 x Beocom 2, Beocom 6000, Beocenter 2, Beolab 3, Beolab 2000, Beo4, Beolab 11

1:st prize winner Beoworld January Price Draw.

• 08-13-2009 7:06 AM In reply to

• JC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Yorkshire / UK
    • Posts 621
    • Founder

It is a common fault with a dead battery for the phone to switch off on high ring. I have had two such phones. Battery replacement is £20-£25 done at most B&O stores in minutes.

Jonnie

• 08-13-2009 12:41 PM In reply to

THANKS for all the reply's!!!

To answer a few questions from above.  I have a seperate base other then the charging one which is hooked up to the phone line and AC plug.  The Beocom2 plugs into its own charger which also plugs into an AC plug.   The Beocom 2 also has an advanced settings section in the menu.  It was at one time hooked up to a 3 phone system.

From the pics that were refered to me my Beocom 2  does have the same look around the charging area.  The phone from what everyone is saying may have had some upgrades but is in dire need of a new battery!!!!

THANX!!

• 08-13-2009 3:39 PM In reply to

• MikaelB
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Herning, Denmark
    • Posts 191
    • Founder

Just to add a little twist to all the info already in thread.

Mine is a MK1 acording to the picture from the first post, makes sense as I bought it when it first came out.

At first the base was built in to the charger - one phone to one base. But it was later upgraded (free of charge) to a system phone, and I now use it along side my BeoCom 6000's. And the charger/base is now just a charger.

/MikaelB

• 08-14-2009 8:07 AM In reply to

• blue2th
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Melbourne
    • Posts 33
    • Bronze Member

ooops....i thought i was reading the beocom 6000 post!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)